Insurance Company Denies Claim

gavros777

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
My uncle's business building roof was damaged by the storm that happened in june in florida and the insurance company denies the claim saying its normal weather tear.

My uncle is asking what he can do to fight the claim. Is getting a lawyer the only solution?

I would threaten the carrier that if they do not pay the claim you will contact the insurance commissioner in that state........its like getting a very experienced lawyer at
NO cost.

Insurance companies do not like insurance commission involved because if there are too many compliants they may get there plug pulled in that state.

That allways works for me.............:1laugh:

Last edited:
When you say it was "damaged", what does that mean?

Insurance companies usually don't just deny claims for fun. Frankly, a lawyer might not even help much. You can always call the carrier and try to get a more detailed explanation.

My uncle's business building roof was damaged by the storm that happened in june in florida and the insurance company denies the claim saying its normal weather tear.

My uncle is asking what he can do to fight the claim. Is getting a lawyer the only solution?

How old is the roof? Any chance he has any maintenance records for it and or recent pics?

Back