Insured's (Comm./Per.Lines)---Name Some of the Tricks They Pull?

Gulfman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Insured's (Comm./Per.Lines)---Name Some of the Tricks They Pull?

I've read all kinds of posts online and even seen Videos of Tricks insurance companies play...But what about insureds?

I know squat about comm.pc and only a little about PL, but have read on other forums tricks that Contractors /Insureds play?

I've heard the following;

• They put small deposits and then never pay balance (truckers are famous for this)
  • They lie about payroll size (only heard this, not sure how they do it)
  • ???

Can anyone share what kinda tricks insureds (Comm./Per.Lines) play with ins.co's/agts?

Tons and tons of tricks.

Probably the two biggest in personal lines are undisclosed drivers in the household and making a down payment to get the insurance card, just like contractors.

Tons and tons of tricks.

Probably the two biggest in personal lines are undisclosed drivers in the household and making a down payment to get the insurance card, just like contractors.

Some of them are so brazen about it too!

Yes, I own four cars, and I have 3 kids, but I'm the only one who drives them.
I actually had someone tell me this.
Uhhhhh, okay.

Some of them are so brazen about it too!

Yes, I own four cars, and I have 3 kids, but I'm the only one who drives them.
I actually had someone tell me this.
Uhhhhh, okay.

I think I would have actually laughed at the person on this one. I try to be professional, but that is just too blatant. To even think you would believe it is an insult.

I think I would have actually laughed at the person on this one. I try to be professional, but that is just too blatant. To even think you would believe it is an insult.

Ya know, this person had been with a captive for a while, and played the captive agent game. ACV on property, too.
All it took was a little truth and guidance, and is now a nice multi line client. Multiple properties and business.
They don't all work out so nicely though.

Ya know, this person had been with a captive for a while, and played the captive agent game. ACV on property, too.
All it took was a little truth and guidance, and is now a nice multi line client. Multiple properties and business.
They don't all work out so nicely though.

Good to hear. That is why I try to bite my tongue on stuff like this when dealing with prospects and clients. You just never know.

Back