It's Time I Got Me a Website

No contract and 30% off for the 1st 3 months($48.30). They also have a referral program of 10% off for each referrral(up to 100% off), and a free cookie program which is bad for my diet. :yes:

I thought you were joking about the cookies...

And don't you have COPD, not diabetes? You should be good to go! :twitchy:

I thought you were joking about the cookies...

And don't you have COPD, not diabetes? You should be good to go! :twitchy:

Yes, but the gut hurts my breathing and I'm pre-diabetic(sorry Matt, couldn't remember the PC way to say it...LOL).:laugh:

They don't send the cheap cookies either.

I'd suggest learning wordpress and learning how to make a site on your own. There are free guides on YouTube that teach you how to use wordpress and start making a basic website.

I have mine through Agent Methods and am very happy with it. They start out at $69 a month and send me cookies every time I recommend them. :laugh:

Seriously, they're great to work with and I'd recommend them without the cookies. You can have your site up and running in a day.:yes:

Do you use it to get traffic? How many sales have you made from natural search results on your site?

I currently work full time as an agent for a telesales agent. It's not a bad job, but I decided to become a part time agent.

Can anyone recommend a site or an individual that can help me build a website for either free or low cost?

I used godaddy.com to build my website. They have great templates to use and their support is always available if you have questions. Simply buy a domain and get started! :)

Regards.

Do you use it to get traffic? How many sales have you made from natural search results on your site?

I've only had it for about 2 months. I had built my own Wordpress site using a YouTube video and had no hits in almost a year. I'm not good with technology and couldn't quite get the mobile part finished, let alone mess with the SEO.

Initially, I want this for a business card. It looks so much better and more professional than the one I made. I'm getting a little bit of traffic. I haven't had any sales from it yet. I've had 3 hits...2 wanting to do SEO for me and one guy put his 1st name and e-mail address. I responded, but never heard any more. They told me up front that it might take 6 months to start getting leads without the blogging. I just went with the basic package to start.

Eventually I'll add blogging, which I understand is what gets you the traffic. The blogging feature costs extra , so I wanted to get my sight where I want it content wise before I add that. I'm blending their content with mine. I'm still fine tuning it(haven't worked on it in a couple of weeks). I like it the way it is now, but I want to tweak the content a little more.

The first thing you need is a domain name (e.g. yourwebsitename.com). There are a number of different companies that will allow you to do this. The most well known is godaddy.com. It costs about $15 per year to register. Even if you decide to get somebody to create the website for you then I would still advise you to register the domain name yourself. Thie ensures that you retain control of the website and can change providers if you need to do so in the future.

In terms of setting up the website thats totally a case of how much money you want to spend and what your expectation are. If you are just looking to get something up and running quickly to use on bsuiness cards then there are plenty of free options that allow you to build a simple website online by yourself (ukit.com, snackwebsites.com are just 2 examples). If you want to do something a little fancier then you will probably need to get a web developer or at least somebody that is fairly technically to help you.

Now, I think its also important to point out that afetr you launch a website you will likely get zero traffic from search engines like google. The only way anybody will find your website is if they already know about it and type the website name into their browser. If you want to generate traffic then there are 2 ways:

Organic Traffic:
This is when your website becomes highly ranked on google and other search engines over time because the search providers think you have material that is relevant to what people are searching for. Their are lots of ways to generate organic traffic such as writing intersting blogs that people want to read.

Paid Traffic:
This is where you use advertising (Google Ads, Facebook Ads etc) to drive traffic to your website. This costs money but in the short term this is the only way to drive traffic to a new website. In my experience there is a bit of a learning curve to know how to place ads and optimise your website for searching but its often an intersting journey as well. It can become addictive - checking how many people visited the website, which ads worked, what locations people are visiting from etc.

Hope this helps - drop me a PM if you need some more help.

I've only had it for about 2 months. I had built my own Wordpress site using a YouTube video and had no hits in almost a year. I'm not good with technology and couldn't quite get the mobile part finished, let alone mess with the SEO.

Initially, I want this for a business card. It looks so much better and more professional than the one I made. I'm getting a little bit of traffic. I haven't had any sales from it yet. I've had 3 hits...2 wanting to do SEO for me and one guy put his 1st name and e-mail address. I responded, but never heard any more. They told me up front that it might take 6 months to start getting leads without the blogging. I just went with the basic package to start.

Eventually I'll add blogging, which I understand is what gets you the traffic. The blogging feature costs extra , so I wanted to get my sight where I want it content wise before I add that. I'm blending their content with mine. I'm still fine tuning it(haven't worked on it in a couple of weeks). I like it the way it is now, but I want to tweak the content a little more.

Blogging (and adding content) is great for getting more traffic.

I personally think you want a nice blend of strategies (Just like you would when marketing for insurance).

- Blog Articles (optimized for SEO)
- YouTube Videos
- Monthly Newsletter
- Graphics (custom graphics/photos)
- Local SEO (Google My Business, etc.)
- Social Media
- PPC (FB/Google)

Blogging (and adding content) is great for getting more traffic.

I personally think you want a nice blend of strategies (Just like you would when marketing for insurance).

- Blog Articles (optimized for SEO)
- YouTube Videos
- Monthly Newsletter
- Graphics (custom graphics/photos)
- Local SEO (Google My Business, etc.)
- Social Media
- PPC (FB/Google)

Yeah, they had me do the Google My Business. I'm practicing my bloopers and out takes so I can be as entertaining as Bevo before I do any videos. I have no interest in Social Media. The rest of your suggestions, I'll definitely look into.:yes:

Back