It's Time I Got Me a Website

I currently work full time as an agent for a telesales agent. It's not a bad job, but I decided to become a part time agent.

Can anyone recommend a site or an individual that can help me build a website for either free or low cost?

I currently work full time as an agent for a telesales agent. It's not a bad job, but I decided to become a part time agent.

Can anyone recommend a site or an individual that can help me build a website for either free or low cost?

I have mine through Agent Methods and am very happy with it. They start out at $69 a month and send me cookies every time I recommend them. :laugh:

Seriously, they're great to work with and I'd recommend them without the cookies. You can have your site up and running in a day.:yes:

You can build a site through 1and1, godaddy, and the like also for VERY inexpensive. Would be a way to get online in a hurry, and you can design it easily with zero experience (they have the tools). Having something up and running is a must, imo. You may not be generating business with it, but when you hand someone a card at least they can see your site. If you don't have one, it hits your credibility. You can always build bigger and better if you need / want to.

I know guys that spend $100/yr on website which is typically more of a online business card with a handful of informational pages, to guys that spend $500+/mo for very dynamic and detailed sites.

...and for the love of god.... don't do one of those "free" websites that is only a sub domain of another company.

I've seen some people buy just the domain and then have it point to a FB page for their business. Not the most ideal way to go, but it seems to work ok for them and what they need. Almost guarantees social media engagement if that is part of your marketing structure.

I have the worst, crappiest thrown together website on the planet.

I don't care who looks at it. I don't do PPC or Google Ads or any of that stuff. I only have it, because the man thought it was ridiculous that I didn't have one and he did the work and the hosting was free, because its part of my godaddy package.

If anyone asks me about it, I tell them to enjoy, because I choose to be great at Health Insurance and Medicare, not web development. (I will say that I was having a tech issue and had to deal with godaddy last fall and the guy, as nicely as he could, said that he could make my site pretty for $100)

I am 100% referral based, I REALLY don't care about my website.

Spend the money where you are going to MAKE the money. If you are going to do PPC and ads and whatever else, you should have a kick-butt website. If you are going to do marketing via networking, spend the money on some good clothes, gas and food. If you are going to leads via direct mail, spend the money on leads and have enough of website to establish yourself as a "real" business.

If anyone asks me about it, I tell them to enjoy, because I choose to be great at Health Insurance and Medicare, not web development. (I will say that I was having a tech issue and had to deal with godaddy last fall and the guy, as nicely as he could, said that he could make my site pretty for $100)

I am 100% referral based, I REALLY don't care about my website.

Americans Internet Access: Percent of Adults 2000-2015 | Pew Research Center

Since you focus more on the health side and medicare, a web presence today may not be as vital as it will be 5-10 years from now. However, if you wanted to tackle the upcoming batch of Medicare people... you may be missing out on extra business that researches the industry on the interwebs.

With companies like Lemonade and Insurify hitting the scenes, along with the slew of people selling life virtually through their own site, up to date technology in marketing is going to be more important than ever.

Having a shoddy website is like using a crayon and a post it note as your business card. Marketing is all about perception.

Americans Internet Access: Percent of Adults 2000-2015 | Pew Research Center

Since you focus more on the health side and medicare, a web presence today may not be as vital as it will be 5-10 years from now. However, if you wanted to tackle the upcoming batch of Medicare people... you may be missing out on extra business that researches the industry on the interwebs.

With companies like Lemonade and Insurify hitting the scenes, along with the slew of people selling life virtually through their own site, up to date technology in marketing is going to be more important than ever.

Having a shoddy website is like using a crayon and a post it note as your business card. Marketing is all about perception.

Thanks for the info.

I TOTALLY agree marketing is all about perception.

Especially when I'm hosting breakfasts for financial planners. They damn well better perceive that I'm brilliant.

And with a 22% policy count increase from 1/1/16 to 1/1/17, 100% referral based and less than $500 spent on marketing in 2016, I really need to make sure I stop using crayons....

Keep the crayons and reference Peter Lynch (manager of the old Magellan Fund):

“Never buy anything that you can’t illustrate on the back of a napkin.”*

“Never invest in any idea you can’t illustrate with a crayon.”**

Peter Lynch and the

I have mine through Agent Methods and am very happy with it. They start out at $69 a month and send me cookies every time I recommend them. :laugh:

Seriously, they're great to work with and I'd recommend them without the cookies. You can have your site up and running in a day.:yes:

Do they make you sign a contract or is it month-to-month?

Just curious - it seems like at $70 per month they would want to keep you for a minimum 6 - 12 months.

Do they make you sign a contract or is it month-to-month?

Just curious - it seems like at $70 per month they would want to keep you for a minimum 6 - 12 months.

No contract and 30% off for the 1st 3 months($48.30). They also have a referral program of 10% off for each referrral(up to 100% off), and a free cookie program which is bad for my diet. :yes:

Back