"Just send in the appointment paperwork and then we'll send you the contract"

yea....the new zero prem life deal......

The two cases where I have heard it lately were from an FMO for an annuity company and another one for final expense. In the latter case I kept telling them to send the contract and they just kept sending the appointment application only.

The two cases where I have heard it lately were from an FMO for an annuity company and another one for final expense. In the latter case I kept telling them to send the contract and they just kept sending the appointment application only.

I notice more and more companies doing this, they will accept an appointment but it is only active when you send in your first business. Or simply don't submit the appointment till you have a contract to send with it. Most I see doing this have open access to their contracts via online or will mail/fax you a copy plus whatever else you need, rate chart, underwriting guide etc etc..

Can't really blame them, why should they go thru the trouble of appointing someone till they know for certain some business will come from it?

I notice more and more companies doing this, they will accept an appointment but it is only active when you send in your first business. Or simply don't submit the appointment till you have a contract to send with it. Most I see doing this have open access to their contracts via online or will mail/fax you a copy plus whatever else you need, rate chart, underwriting guide etc etc..

Can't really blame them, why should they go thru the trouble of appointing someone till they know for certain some business will come from it?

These were both cases where the company was supposed to provide leads. I've seen a contract with the annuity company but not with the final expense company and it is not available online.

These were both cases where the company was supposed to provide leads. I've seen a contract with the annuity company but not with the final expense company and it is not available online.

I would agree that doesn't sound correct, you can get appointed till you submit a contract but you can't have a contract till you are appointed? Well in that case I would simply not bother and move on, that is if I'm understanding you correctly?

I would agree that doesn't sound correct, you can get appointed till you submit a contract but you can't have a contract till you are appointed? Well in that case I would simply not bother and move on, that is if I'm understanding you correctly?

Normally the appointment app and the contract are all sent at once.

I just moved on with the final expense company after failing to get the contract after a couple of attempts. I may give it another shot with the other one, but if I get the runaround again I'll move on. It sounded like a lot of their leads were cold anyway, and they are in the process of changing lead companies as well.

Back