JV Partnerships

Ok, tell me if I got this correct. I went to those “Lead Conspiracy” guys the other day and watched their video explaining what Joint Ventures are. Fair enough.

Here’s why I think they don’t work with insurance products.
JV partnerships are simply mutually beneficial affiliate partnerships.

Insurance is intangible. -We can’t bundle our products with a flower shop owner or give away free samples or offer a reduced price or package deals to clients with the local CPA firm.

An established CPA or law firm doesn't require cross promotion from a small indy insurance guy.

An established CPA or law firm don’t give small guys the time of day: I asked thirty firms in September and none of them did.

Ok, a small, blossoming CPA or law firm may use cross promotion with a small, indy insurance guy. But if their blossoming what would be the point in having a JV with them? The point is to obtain their present book and if it’s small, what’s the point again? Oh! FUTURE clients. Ok, and?

We CAN pay a referral fee to a JV partner as long as it’s not conditioned on getting a sale. This could get expensive and paying for qualified leads really is all this is.

How does a JV partnership with a non-competing firm benefit the partner? What do they have to gain by promoting me? Or writing a “letter of authority” for me to hand out? These “mavericks” as they call themselves make it sound like big firms with baited breath and “letters of authority” in hand are waiting patiently for me to fly through their window like Superman and ask them to hand it to me. :skeptical:

I’m sure my own CPA and I’m being sarcastic, would be thrilled to write me out one of these letters IF he has something to gain. Ok, more clients right? I promote his firm when I get a new client and he does the same for me or advertise on the Web and the website, yadda, yadda, yadda. Why would he do this? When he’s got the cash and the credit to pay for full page ads in the NY Times and promote himself.

The only way I can see a JV with a non-competing company is to pay them a referral fee when their client calls me up. But again, this is simply paying for qualified leads and I do this now.

Am I missing the point? What is the point?! :mad: I’ve been going over and over and over and over this JV thing for two days now and I‘ve grown tired and angry.

I’m simply not seeing what the partner has to gain. Many wealthy firms with huge books of business and bank accounts advertise on television and therefore don’t need my “help” with “cross promotion” on the Web.

CR :swoon:

</IMG></IMG>

I don't think you can pay part of your commission of all things to the JV partner. Paying a commission after the sale, thereby making the money they "earn" contingent on the sale...I don't think you can do this. You can pay up front for leads, yeah, but not after the sale.

CR

Correct me if I'm wrong but thats what the point of the JV is. To share in commissions. Get a CPA L/A/H licensed then write insurance on his block. It retains more clients with additional lines being sold, and the CPA increases his revenue within his firm by offering financial services.

Back