Keeping Motivated - HELP

Been going through a rough patch lately.

Low to no sales days. Not having enough time to accomplish everything that needs done.

What do you do to keep motivated?

Having written goals and continually revising them (particularly as you achieve them) is #1, then having a big enough reason to reach them. If your reason isn't big enough to motivate you (i.e. If I don't get sales i'll lose my house) you'll become a "leaf in the wind" in your business. Pain is the strongest motivator, but pleasurable reasons are needed as well.

Sure it could be long-term financial freedom, but that takes a Master to stay motivated for something that far out. It's powerful to have short-term goals that excite you and that you know your business can bring you.

If nothing else works, you can always use the old school sales manager approach, and go buy something expensive, perhaps a new car? I bet you'll find a little motivation afterwards! :)

This guy Eric Thomas really inspired me. His presentation is different (it's in your face), but the message is really good. I started going to bed at 9:30 a.m. and getting up at 5:30 to start working out and getting to the office early. You wouldn't believe how much you can get done before the office opens and the phones start ringing. Go to Youtube and type in "Eric Thomas Top 10 rules for success"... He has hundreds of videos and they all inspire me.

My wife just went out and bought a new truck. She's worse than any sales manger that I've ever had.

:no:

Here's the chick answer...

GET YOUR WIFE ON BOARD

the spouse has to buy into the 3 years of pain to get to the other side and the tightening of the budget, etc.

I've seen way too many men who really could have made this work if their wives had been brought into the loop on how long this really takes.

I keep a tick sheet with easy, super descriptive goals: i.e., Make 35 calls, Pitch at least 6 times, Close 2 sales, etc. I feel like when you break down your overall goal: TO SELL into the minute details, it helps.

Personally, I also get satisfaction from crossing things off lists. Even if I don't accomplish my overall goal of 2 sales, I can see that I did everything I could do to get there.

I also reward myself. If I had a particular tough call, even if I didn't get the sale, I get a piece of chocolate. I'm sure there's lots of studies out there about how rewarding yourself triggers your brain's dopamine production or something. Of course, this does not help me accomplish my goal of losing 15 pounds...

Back