Keeping Motivated - HELP

Been going through a rough patch lately.

Low to no sales days. Not having enough time to accomplish everything that needs done.

What do you do to keep motivated?

When my motivation is challenged by events that cause me to find it hard to crawl out of bed the next day. I think to myself, If I quit now or don't continue through this trial. I won't be successful.

Personally, I like being successful so this may not work for you. However, I think a person's reaction to times like this is what makes a person successful or not. Use "failures" as a time to learn from them. Do something different, use another approach. If you are running out of time, look at your time management. If there is low sales, maybe look at the reasons why or where you can improve.

There will always be down days and days that you can't seem to write them fast enough.

Motivation is a strange thing. I find that you're either motivated or you're not. I am always motivated, but I also accept that there are times when I just don't feel like doing anything. That's okay... as long as it doesn't become a cancer and kill your business.

Sometimes, a lack of "feeling like it" is a sign that I need to work on other skills. At least, if I have good skills (and I do), then when I feel like it, it's just 'taking a break' and slowing down for a bit and I don't feel guilty for taking that break.

This is a good one too:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are times where you need to take a break, rather than half arse your day. Sometimes go do something else for a day, clear your head, arrange your plans and get back at it, after you've taken a break.

Agents find tons of ways to eat up time (this is one) that kill business. It is better to go fishing for a day or two than putz around work.

There are times where you need to take a break, rather than half arse your day. Sometimes go do something else for a day, clear your head, arrange your plans and get back at it, after you've taken a break.

Agents find tons of ways to eat up time (this is one) that kill business. It is better to go fishing for a day or two than putz around work.

I do have to agree that sometimes the best motivation can be found from a good recharge day. If you are only putting in half arse work, like gilmore said, its better to just not work at all. There is a balance of going strong and taking days to recover. Good time management is essential to balancing the two. Great points here talked about fellow members!

Motivation is a strange thing. I find that you're either motivated or you're not. I am always motivated, but I also accept that there are times when I just don't feel like doing anything. That's okay... as long as it doesn't become a cancer and kill your business.

Sometimes, a lack of "feeling like it" is a sign that I need to work on other skills. At least, if I have good skills (and I do), then when I feel like it, it's just 'taking a break' and slowing down for a bit and I don't feel guilty for taking that break.

This is a good one too:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp7E973zozc

Thanks for video. Helped me get little motivation going.

I do have to agree that sometimes the best motivation can be found from a good recharge day. If you are only putting in half arse work, like gilmore said, its better to just not work at all. There is a balance of going strong and taking days to recover. Good time management is essential to balancing the two. Great points here talked about fellow members!

I'm curious, what's a full day(routine) for you in the field?

Been going through a rough patch lately.

Low to no sales days. Not having enough time to accomplish everything that needs done.

What do you do to keep motivated?

Please consider the source on this comment. The only reason I am responding at all is because I am concerned about you.

I believe I see that Ben and Newby's organizations have weekly meetings.

midwest broker's organization has one called Medicare Cafe-you can see it in his signature. I have no idea how it might be similar or different from Newby or Ben's. I mention it because I don't think they require you be an agent through them in order to attend the cafe.

I don't know if it is motivation, as much as just relearning that the tasks one needs to accomplish are doable--by listening to your peers talk about how they have done them (the tasks) over the previous week.

I hope the next phone call is a "yes" you need to hear.

Back