Keyword Tags - Good or Bad?

dmiller90

Guru
100+ Post Club
Illinois
Keyword Tags are Dead! Period!

Google has not paid attention to the keyword tags for years.

The most misused tag in Search Engine Optimization -Most People just stuff every word in the dictionary they can think of, and for some reason they think this will help.

Second, People dont search for keywords, they search keyword Phrases (Average keyword Phrase entered 4-6 words.)

Just a quick tip, Dont waste your time, it does your site and rankings no good.

Here is a Real World example of someones head tag. I almost wanted to puke!!!

This is a site that is designed for Long Term Care----Good Luck :no:

When I see this, it just makes me realize that this site will never be any competition to ranking, and I can bet the rest of the site is just as messed up.

<meta NAME="Keywords" Content="elder care, veterans benefits, aid and attendance pension, VA nursing home, elder law, home care, hospice, long term care, reverse mortgage, medicaid, assisted living, estate planning, senior advocacy, senior health, senior care">

Last edited:
It's common knowledge that Keyword tags are generally ignored by search engines because they are easy to purposefully misuse. But, at the same time, adding a Keyword tag to a page takes about 30 seconds so why not? We don't get penalized for it and maybe there's search engine out there that actually uses it. disability-insurance-update.com

Keyword tags works well for me too. There is nothing bad about it. I am still using it because it is one way of getting good ranking.

Back