Ladies of the Forum. . .

insuranceconceptscindy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
After responding to the Mastermind thread, and getting hassled by Rick, I realized that there aren't many of us ladies here.

Can we have a ladies-only club? NO BOYS ALLOWED! (If I could only make some of my letters crooked and backward.)

Being a woman in a male-dominated industry, it seems that we still have some work to do to clean up all the glass we've shattered in the ceiling.

What are some of the challenges that you face in your business every day? What challenges have you overcome? What can we do to help each other out?

I'll start- my biggest challenge is that I have typecast myself as the Medicare lady. Even though I make my clients aware that I do so much more than Medicare, they can only see me as an "expert" in that one area. When I bring up things like retirement planning, most of them say, "I have a GUY that does that." Why is it that I can be the go-to person for your health insurance, but couldn't know anything about anything else? Needless to say, I'm working on it. . .

After responding to the Mastermind thread, and getting hassled by Rick, I realized that there aren't many of us ladies here.

Can we have a ladies-only club? NO BOYS ALLOWED! (If I could only make some of my letters crooked and backward.)

Being a woman in a male-dominated industry, it seems that we still have some work to do to clean up all the glass we've shattered in the ceiling.

What are some of the challenges that you face in your business every day? What challenges have you overcome? What can we do to help each other out?

I'll start- my biggest challenge is that I have typecast myself as the Medicare lady. Even though I make my clients aware that I do so much more than Medicare, they can only see me as an "expert" in that one area. When I bring up things like retirement planning, most of them say, "I have a GUY that does that." Why is it that I can be the go-to person for your health insurance, but couldn't know anything about anything else? Needless to say, I'm working on it. . .

First of all, I did not hassle you. I respect you enough to make a sexist joke and still refer you one of my favorite clients.

Second, it's very sexist of you to have a group exclusively for women.

Third, we're not boys, dudes, or anything else. You girls need to call us MEN.

Rick

How would enforce a women only forum? Even if Sam made one....and if he was able to password protect it on a selective basis, you know Rick would be the first one to sneak in under a fake username. :)

Of course, the first 2 comments were from the 2 biggest women hasslers on the forum!

Thank you, Rick, I know you mean well. But you still aren't invited in to this very-exclusive club. NO BOYS ALLOWED!

Cindy:

I would start a Linked In group for women only. I think it would be wildly popular and a great way to network nationwide with like-minded individuals.

Of course, the first 2 comments were from the 2 biggest women hasslers on the forum!

Thank you, Rick, I know you mean well. But you still aren't invited in to this very-exclusive club. NO BOYS ALLOWED!

Moi? Au contraire, mon ami. Show me an example of where I hassled a women. I merely stated it would be technologically impossible to do what you are wanting. If by chance it could be done then I would want a Men's Only forum. A place we can spit on the floor, scratch our policies, and belch at the moon.

Last edited:
Back