The Lampe Company and NAA

Niteryder

I recieved a call from a gentleman from a company called the Lampe Company soliciting new agents. We spoke for around 45 minutes and he told me he would like to send me some information on NAA, because i needed to join before I could get any further information from him in regard to Lampe Co.

I went to the site and decided not to proceed any further, one of the first things they require is your SSN. The caller also sent me a contract (sample) to look over and ask him any questions I may have.

He called back the next day and asked if i had any questions about anything, I told him I sent the contract to have my sister-in-law look it over, she is a contract law attorney, and would talk to her first. He then asked my to sign up for NAA, and not worry about the contract, HE would explain it to me. He stated he had to end our call, but would call me back the next morning, this was last week and i have not heard back from him.

This whole thing does not feel right and smells of a scam. He was very insistant that i just sign up and sign the contract and start making money. My first red flag was I asked him about leads, he told me there were leads aplenty, all I had to do was pay for them. When I asked for a cost breakdown of the leads, he told me that until I signed up for NAA and signed the contract, he could not provide me any cost figures. No legitimate company is going to have you sign a contract before giving you that information.

I did not really see any information on this forum about Lampe Co, this is why I decided to post my experience.

Whether it would be labled as a scam or not, if the letter NAA come up it should get you to thinking about three other letters.....R U N !!!!

The OP reminds me of the time when I was being recruited by Pennsylvania Life to sell Today's Options MA plans.

The manager lived an hour away from me. He couldn't answer what to me were rather simple and routine questions about the contract. So he sent me to meet with the regional manager in a neighboring state, expenses paid (At least the hotel. Gas was cheaper back then and I had other reasons to visit that city anyway.) Perhaps this offer was because I was formerly with Humana and had experience in the field.

After the R.M. showed me how their system worked, I could see why the first manager couldn't or wouldn't explain it. It certainly wasn't to the agent's advantage. I don't know if the other manager couldn't explain it or if he figured the higher ups had a better chance of closing me.

If a FMO/MGA or whatever won't send me the paperwork pretty much right away, I don't bother to pursue it any further. The reputable agencies will have no problem doing that.

Last edited:
Here's a tip. Anybody from any agency that tries to recruit you, just get all of their information that they can and google them and their agency names ... all of them ... all variations ...and see what turns up. You can usually add the words "scam" or "rip-off" and learn even more. I wish I had done this before getting involved with certain organizations.

Back