The Las Vegas Market

Hailey9

Expert
Hi all,
Awhile back someone asked this very question but there were not a lot of constructive answers on the subject. Maybe for a reason. Anyway, I am in the process of getting my life and health license here in California, but am seriously considering a move to Las Vegas to be near family. I was just curious if there were any members in Las Vegas on the forum, and if so, how is business for the life, health, annuity markets? Or should I also obtain the P&C license if that market is healthy. I plan on going independent, but am open to suggestions. Thanks.

Hi all,
Awhile back someone asked this very question but there were not a lot of constructive answers on the subject. Maybe for a reason. Anyway, I am in the process of getting my life and health license here in California, but am seriously considering a move to Las Vegas to be near family. I was just curious if there were any members in Las Vegas on the forum, and if so, how is business for the life, health, annuity markets? Or should I also obtain the P&C license if that market is healthy. I plan on going independent, but am open to suggestions. Thanks

If you're just starting out in the business, you need to start slowly. L&H is more than enough to get started. You can sell Life, LTC, Medicare sups, final expense, Disability, Health, & annuites. Each product could take you 6 months to get a handle on. Concentrate on one or two of these products and learn them well and go from there.

P&C is not where you want to go. That conversation may be
3-5 years down the road.

Mark your calendar, Hailey9, for Vegas approx Jan 16th 2012. We will be having another informal agent 'get together' at Caesar's in Vegas. You will learn a lot and have a good time. You can pick the brains of some very experienced L&H agents.

Greensky (Rick) will certainly post details in the coming weeks.

Hi all,
Awhile back someone asked this very question but there were not a lot of constructive answers on the subject. Maybe for a reason. Anyway, I am in the process of getting my life and health license here in California, but am seriously considering a move to Las Vegas to be near family. I was just curious if there were any members in Las Vegas on the forum, and if so, how is business for the life, health, annuity markets? Or should I also obtain the P&C license if that market is healthy. I plan on going independent, but am open to suggestions. Thanks.

People are basically the same no matter where you are. Life, health and annuity sales are not going to be determined by geographic area but by how knowledgeable and good the agent is at selling those products.

The main reason I have seen agents fail in this business is when they first start they think the road to success is to have a briefcase full of different products. They try to offer all things to all people.

Pick a product and literally become an expert on it before adding additional products.

Hi all,

Hailey9, I am also an independent agent in LV (Henderson). Maybe we can get together via skype/coffee and discuss the Las Vegas market and eachothers journey in becoming a succesful agent out here...

I agree with Frank and want to add that most agents fail because they don't have selling skills. There is a lot to becoming a professional salesperson. I learned it by selling cars. You may laugh but car salesmen are the best trained that I've ever seen. We learned to think on our feet and how to qualify, present features and benefits and different kinds of closes.

I would like to start a thread on the basics of salesmanship, maybe make some videos. Anybody interested PM me.

I agree with Frank and want to add that most agents fail because they don't have selling skills. There is a lot to becoming a professional salesperson. I learned it by selling cars. You may laugh but car salesmen are the best trained that I've ever seen. We learned to think on our feet and how to qualify, present features and benefits and different kinds of closes.

I would like to start a thread on the basics of salesmanship, maybe make some videos. Anybody interested PM me.

I think you guys are preaching when it comes to why she started the thread...
I think shes asking is the las vegas an area with a populated demographic of who were selling to; with obviously the 'drive' to make it in the industry...
I just moved to henderson so i dont know any population stats or other info...
:twitchy:

Something else to consider is once you get your Calif. Life/Health you can get a Nev. nonresident license and go test the waters. There's no testing required. Then if you do move you just transfer your lic, to Nev. and then I think the Calif becomes a nonresident. But the main point is you can get the nonresident as soon as you get your Calif. license.

I will say this I have heard of an agent who is doing real well with Fixed Indexed Annuities in the Las Vegas area.

Back