Las Vegas Meet and Greet

I Read the book Question Based Selling by Thomaa Freese.

Mismatching is the instinctive tendency of individual to resist, push back, or respond in contrarian manner. pg 22

Mismatching is a form of resistance that communicates disagreement.

people who mismatch are either trying to control conversation or satisfy their own need to add value.

Four flavors of mismatch
Contradiction
unnecessary clarification
one-upmanship
the dreaded "I know"

So what's your point of disagreeing/clarifying/one upping my saying "old bold pilots"? Mismatching is BAD for making sales & most likely for people liking you wanting to interact with you.

Some of your posts (not this one in particular) are Really Long & just seem to derail/kill the thread. I'm thinking of your long post in my thread about 4.95% IL state income tax. Which pretty much was the last post on that topic. Is this your intent?

Maybe try spending some time editing your posts much shorter to the point & not derailing topics? Although not sure why you post on here bc you seem to have no interest in getting licensed or making money doing anything related to insurance.

This thread of people going to/considering going to Vegas has now officially become about you & your posts. vs. Vegas & people going there.

Or maybe actually try to make some money related to insurance? maybe being an appointment setter? More money is better than less money? Maybe an agent would provide you with some phone leads & pay you per appointment or per hour? I would be interested in reading your posts about becoming an appointment setter.

Or buy a dog & join a dog discussion board? Slickdeals.net has a really active community about finding great deals on products. Some products are even FREE! . I'm sure you would find some great deals & others SDers would enjoy your comments.

& apologies to all for my long off topic post.

It is a trite and hackneyed phrase which trivializes the boldness of the human spirit expressed in aviation and its history and belittles the skill and knowledge of pilots.

How many American service men and women do you suppose are alive today because of a bold helicopter pilot in Vietnam who flew into machine gun fire again and again and again and....................... to rescue them? You have absolutely no f''ing clue.

All this over a guy posting the names of "old, bold" pilots??? What would you do if somebody really posted something offensive?

read what they have to say. & most likely not respond.

I've read many of LD's posts over 7 months. He seems to have good intentions. But, hoping he finds something that is more rewarding for him.

----------

It is a trite and hackneyed phrase which trivializes the boldness of the human spirit expressed in aviation and its history and belittles the skill and knowledge of pilots.

How many American service men and women do you suppose are alive today because of a bold helicopter pilot in Vietnam who flew into machine gun fire again and again and again and....................... to rescue them? You have absolutely no f''ing clue.

i was captain in AF.

Uncle that inspired to go into AF flew KC135s in AF. He's one i got old bold from. He just retired from flying executive jets. Mainly cause he wrote manual that said 70 years old might be too old to be flying ;) & he turned 70.

Last edited:

I will disagree with your description of the term.. It has long been a piece of wisdom passed along to Air Force fighter pilots. It does not refer to not going into harms way when the job calls for it but is intended to discourage a pilot from hot dogging. Am reading John McCain's 13 Soldiers and he quotes a passage where the phrase is quoted to Wild Weasel trainees. You are going find a bolder group than Weasel flyers.

Did you check out Slickdeals.net? Last deal I got off there was $20 of Redbox credit for $12. On one deal guy was talking about having twins & how expensive. Another guy said kids cost $230,000 to raise. I said using SD site could raise kid for $23,000. SD has saved me tons of money over time. Although recently I bought a full 20 plus pot & pan set from jc Penney for $30 after rebate normally $130. not sure needed another pot and pan set so sometimes spend money instead of saving. I have no affiliation with SD.

Almost as fast as an F-16 but it's a Cessna 172.

And I agree about the bold pilot comment. Taking stupid chances can be deadly.

Rick

I knew you were joking about Terrorflying. Not buzzing Bellagio fountains!?

Started working on my private license many moons ago in Cessna 152. Took Cessna 172 class while in AF. Also got to Solo in glider. Never finished my private license. Didn't get selected for pilot training. But got some good rides/air shows while in AF.

Do you get out flying much. Gotta be great flying over grand canyon /downtown Vegas? Can you fly at night?

My uncle still might fly some in small single prop. But, sure he is missing flying a jet. With 7 company executives, Lots of risk to company & pax, if something like heart attack/stroke for pilot.

Did you give any thoughts to my prior post about getting a dog, becoming an appointment setter, or spending time on slickdeals.net? I was being little bit blunt, but can't really imagine posting about being an insurance agent with having no skin in the game being that worthwhile. & thinking some of your posts get confusing for others even though your sig block has that you are medicare customer. & hope my suggestions are helpful. But, different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I knew you were joking about Terrorflying. Not buzzing Bellagio fountains!?

Started working on my private license many moons ago in Cessna 152. Took Cessna 172 class while in AF. Also got to Solo in glider. Never finished my private license. Didn't get selected for pilot training. But got some good rides/air shows while in AF.

Do you get out flying much. Gotta be great flying over grand canyon /downtown Vegas? Can you fly at night?

I don't fly as much as I'd like mainly because it's to damn hot. Plus I'd much rather get paid for rental on my plane.

I suspect I could fly at night now that the FAA has basically eliminated Class 3 medicals. Previously I couldn't because of being somewhat color blind. However, even if I don't have the restriction it's probably best that I don't fly at night. If I had an incident the claim could be made that I knew it was not a good idea.

Rick

Back