Leadpod questions....

djs

Super Moderator
Okay, I'll admit, I never used leadpod. There has been some talk on the board lately of leadpod, figured I'd at least check out what it is they do. Their website is simply less than informative. Pretty, but not complete.

So what exactly does Leadpod do for me as an agent?

I get the impression they will call my leads for me, and potentially transfer them to me. How does that really work? If I get an internet lead, do they intercept it, make the call, and then transfer it if there is a real person?

If so:
- What if I'm not available? I hate to admit it, but I work 12 hours a day, and am frequently with clients, on the phone, etc. I don't just sit around waiting for my phone to ring.

- What if it goes to my answering service? If I don't answer my phone, it rolls over to my answering service, rather than direct to voicemail. My answering service is in the same building I am, but they don't have a clue on what I do.

- Are customers okay with this system? Leadpod calls them, puts them on hold, and transfers them? If I was the potential client, I'm not sure if this would work for me.

- Do they sell their own leads (which it appears they do on the website) or do you send them your own leads?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Dan

Don't know where to start except for this - some things you simply have to try out for yourself to ascertain if it's right for you.

Part of the cost of running a business is trying out new methods of gaining business.

I'd suggest contacting a LeadPod rep, get an account set up and give it a shot. There's not contracts or commitments - I think $45 gets you going.

But yes, they call leads for you. To be honest, it doesn't get too much more complicated than that.

I can leave the house, go grab lunch and not skip a beat - they'll continue to call my leads. It has drastically improved my business....unless you live in MD - then they suck and I'd avoid them at all costs.

Don't know where to start except for this - some things you simply have to try out for yourself to ascertain if it's right for you.
Part of the cost of running a business is trying out new methods of gaining business.
I'd suggest contacting a LeadPod rep, get an account set up and give it a shot. There's not contracts or commitments - I think $45 gets you going.
But yes, they call leads for you. To be honest, it doesn't get too much more complicated than that.
I can leave the house, go grab lunch and not skip a beat - they'll continue to call my leads. It has drastically improved my business....unless you live in MD - then they suck and I'd avoid them at all costs.[/quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Anyone know much about them? From what I understand they will call any leads you give them for free and charge you for a warm transfer into the agency. Anyone tried them?

Why wouldn't you call your own leads?

Independent Health Insurance Agent Association

Independent Health Insurance Agent

What happened to change your mind?

Quote:
Anyone know much about them? From what I understand they will call any leads you give them for free and charge you for a warm transfer into the agency. Anyone tried them?

Read the thread, you don't call because your out to lunch :) :D:D:D

Okay, simple question....
Do you get to say when you are available? Or do they just call and hope to transfer it to you?

Dan

I can leave the house, go grab lunch and not skip a beat - they'll continue to call my leads. It has drastically improved my business....unless you live in MD - then they suck and I'd avoid them at all costs.[/quote

Quote:

Independent Health Insurance Agent Association

Independent Health Insurance Agent

What happened to change your mind?

Two things. Two agent friends of mine started using them and recommend it. The other is I'm trying out a wide variety of tools so I can tell association members what my personal results are - doesn't mean it'll be their results but I can at least keep members away from pure junk. I tried it, am impressed, and will continue to use them.

They will not transfer calls unless you are available you log into the system and there is a on/off switch. So if you don't want calls keep the switch off. If you are on the line from a transfer called the system automatically turns off. So if you want to resume calls after talking you turn back on.

Back