Leads/ Networking Groups Question?

mts1234

I know agents have had alot of success joining leads/networking groups, my question is what are some groups people are having success with. Ive tried joining BNI but they every chapter in my area already has an insurance agent. What are some other groups you guys are using?

I know agents have had alot of success joining leads/networking groups, my question is what are some groups people are having success with. Ive tried joining BNI but they every chapter in my area already has an insurance agent. What are some other groups you guys are using?

I teamed with a P & C agent and developed our own network group modeled after BNI. We are not as strict but do follow a formal agenda. It took 6-8 months but we are at 15 +- I've enrolled two small groups and several individuals/seniors since we started. I think we'll grow faster over time.

Check with your Chamber of Commerce. There's more than 1 kind of networking group out there.

Of course, be prepared to join the Chamber to join the networking group.

I teamed with a P & C agent and developed our own network group modeled after BNI. We are not as strict but do follow a formal agenda. It took 6-8 months but we are at 15 +- I've enrolled two small groups and several individuals/seniors since we started. I think we'll grow faster over time.

I'd like to learn a little more about what your doing. I have been interested in trying to organize something like this

I'd like to learn a little more about what your doing. I have been interested in trying to organize something like this
That was a great idea that 30 years ago, I am still doing it, plus some other ideas that have been implemented.
70 apps so far this month, almost all health, 4 life apps for $10,000 annualized. buy/sell agreement.

Last edited:
I have found networking groups to be full of insurance agents and real estate agents, while your networking real estate agents may help the insurance agents certainly will not, but each to his own. Our agency writes mostly internet leads and walk ins, very little cold calling and now recruiting nationwide for internet agents who have a Florida non-resident license and will eventually expand across the country.

I gave up on BNI after one year. It has everything to do with the chapter you are in. One chapter here is over 10 years old & has over 40 members and they are constantly passing referrals back and forth. All of the others in the area are less than 2 to 3 years old and have a revolving door of members and average about 15 members tops. In the 9 to 15 members at any one time group I was in, leads and not referrals were passed around. My point is not to bash BNI as it works very well for some but for others the $500+ total expense means someone was making money but it wasn't me so if you can't get in a chapter it may not be the end of the world.
In all honesty, I find my membership in Kiwanis and my Chamber activities to be a lot more beneficial than BNI but that's just me.

Back