Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions

Reply to LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor     
Old 05-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #1

State: MIAgent82 is an Insurance Agent from Michigan
LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor
I recently started using PL rater. At the time I signed up I didn't realize I needed a Node ID to use Solutions at Quote. I recently came from the captive arena and never had to deal with LexisNexis directly.

I applied for a Node ID but now LN says I need a sponsor to get set up. I currently am appointed with Grange, Foremost, and Progressive. Per LN, Grange is the only one of those three that sponsor agencies for this. I spoke with my rep and agency tech support at Grange today and nobody knew anything about this process. LN and Vertafore were both unable to steer me in the right direction.

I'm unsure what to do at this point. The Solutions at Quote feature was one of the biggest reasons I signed up for PL rater so this is very disappointing. Can anyone give any advice on this?
------------------------------------

Last edited by MIAgent82; 05-10-2013 at 08:45 PM.
  Reply With Quote to LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor
eZLynx Banner New 2
Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
Super Genius

State: Underwriter2Agent is an Insurance Agent from Florida
LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor Re: LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor
Originally Posted by MIAgent82 View Post
I recently started using PL rater. At the time I signed up I didn't realize I needed a Node ID to use Solutions at Quote. I recently came from the captive arena and never had to deal with LexisNexis directly.

I applied for a Node ID but now LN says I need a sponsor to get set up. I currently am appointed with Grange, Foremost, and Progressive. Per LN, Grange is the only one of those three that sponsor agencies for this. I spoke with my rep and agency tech support at Grange today and nobody knew anything about this process. LN and Vertafore were both unable to steer me in the right direction.

I'm unsure what to do at this point. The Solutions at Quote feature was one of the biggest reasons I signed up for PL rater so this is very disappointing. Can anyone give any advice on this?
Lexis Nexus had us fill out a application which incldui
Old 05-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
Expert

State: cottonland is an Insurance Agent from Arkansas
LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor
If you are pulling reports for Progressive, you already have a number with LN.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #4

LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor Re: LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor MIAgent82 is the thread starter for: LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor

Originally Posted by cottonland View Post
If you are pulling reports for Progressive, you already have a number with LN.
Thanks for the info. cottonland. Maybe this is another dumb question, but where would I locate it?

When I spoke with LN they told me Progressive didn't offer sponsorship for Node ID's because "they're doing their own thing with us now."

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Type the result for 11 x 3 I agree to forum rules 

Old 05-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
Expert

Originally Posted by MIAgent82

Thanks for the info. cottonland. Maybe this is another dumb question, but where would I locate it?

When I spoke with LN they told me Progressive didn't offer sponsorship for Node ID's because "they're doing their own thing with us now."
When i got setup with safeco i called LN and got my node id from them. Had to make several calls & explain myself several times. After being shuffled around i made it to the correct department and they gave it to me. This was about 2 mths ago.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #6

LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor MIAgent82 is the thread starter for: LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor

Cottonland, thanks again for the info. I've also been approved for an appointment with Safeco. I'm just waiting for my codes. So if I'm understanding correctly I should already have a Node ID once I'm with Safeco and I may already have one via my other carriers it's just a matter of getting LN to tell me what it is.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Expert

Safeco will ask for your node id. Thats what happened with me. Called LN and eventually got it.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
Guru

State: Milkman1265 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor Re: LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor
hmmm im having trouble setting this up too lol.

i filled out the app on LN, they told me to contact progressive to call them to be my sponsor, but progressive has no idea what i am talking about
Reply to LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions