LexisNexis Node ID Sponsor

MIAgent82

I recently started using PL rater. At the time I signed up I didn't realize I needed a Node ID to use Solutions at Quote. I recently came from the captive arena and never had to deal with LexisNexis directly.

I applied for a Node ID but now LN says I need a sponsor to get set up. I currently am appointed with Grange, Foremost, and Progressive. Per LN, Grange is the only one of those three that sponsor agencies for this. I spoke with my rep and agency tech support at Grange today and nobody knew anything about this process. LN and Vertafore were both unable to steer me in the right direction.

I'm unsure what to do at this point. The Solutions at Quote feature was one of the biggest reasons I signed up for PL rater so this is very disappointing. Can anyone give any advice on this?

Last edited:
I recently started using PL rater. At the time I signed up I didn't realize I needed a Node ID to use Solutions at Quote. I recently came from the captive arena and never had to deal with LexisNexis directly.

I applied for a Node ID but now LN says I need a sponsor to get set up. I currently am appointed with Grange, Foremost, and Progressive. Per LN, Grange is the only one of those three that sponsor agencies for this. I spoke with my rep and agency tech support at Grange today and nobody knew anything about this process. LN and Vertafore were both unable to steer me in the right direction.

I'm unsure what to do at this point. The Solutions at Quote feature was one of the biggest reasons I signed up for PL rater so this is very disappointing. Can anyone give any advice on this?

Lexis Nexus had us fill out a application which incldui

If you are pulling reports for Progressive, you already have a number with LN.

Thanks for the info. cottonland. Maybe this is another dumb question, but where would I locate it?

When I spoke with LN they told me Progressive didn't offer sponsorship for Node ID's because "they're doing their own thing with us now."

MIAgent82 said:
Thanks for the info. cottonland. Maybe this is another dumb question, but where would I locate it?

When I spoke with LN they told me Progressive didn't offer sponsorship for Node ID's because "they're doing their own thing with us now."

When i got setup with safeco i called LN and got my node id from them. Had to make several calls & explain myself several times. After being shuffled around i made it to the correct department and they gave it to me. This was about 2 mths ago.

Cottonland, thanks again for the info. I've also been approved for an appointment with Safeco. I'm just waiting for my codes. So if I'm understanding correctly I should already have a Node ID once I'm with Safeco and I may already have one via my other carriers it's just a matter of getting LN to tell me what it is.

hmmm im having trouble setting this up too lol.

i filled out the app on LN, they told me to contact progressive to call them to be my sponsor, but progressive has no idea what i am talking about

Back