Liberty Mutual

capnjim01

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have been contacted by a recruiter for Liberty Mutual in North Carolina. What can the forum tell me about Liberty Mutual. I have a few years experience in life sales but nothing in p&c. thank you

It is a great place to learn the P&C side of the business but you will eventually want to move to an independent agency. Being captive is very difficult unless your carrier is consistently competitive in your area. Liberty has a great training program and I could consider working for them if you want to get into P&C... but I would have a 2/3 year plan on how to get out and go independent.

I have been contacted by a recruiter for Liberty Mutual in North Carolina. What can the forum tell me about Liberty Mutual. I have a few years experience in life sales but nothing in p&c. thank you

I was actually interviewed by them when I decided to get into the insurance business and was offered a job with them, and the starting guarantee was good, as best as I can remember. I was was really interested, and gave it lots of thought,but I just didn't want a boss, or quotas, or my phone ringing off of the hook about production, so I didn't take the position, and it was one of the best moves I've ever made.

If I had wanted to be a captive agent, Liberty Mutual is where I would have worked.

I started out with Liberty Mutual in 1989. Everything in the above posts is true. Great training, lots of pressure from above regarding production.

Back