LIMRA Personality Test

allstock

Hey guys, the firm I'm going to be signing on with will have me take this personality test. I've done some research, but there isn't much on it except a handful of ex. questions. Here on the forum the info has been so inconsistent, guys saying sheeple pass and others saying the go getters do well.

I come from a financial background and sales is nothing new to me. My concern is that I might be too aggressive in my traits. My experience as an ultra aggresive commodities, stockbroker and a financial advisor makes me cautious.

I would appreciate any insight from those that have actually taken this thing. Thank you.

Hey guys, the firm I'm going to be signing on with will have me take this personality test. I've done some research, but there isn't much on it except a handful of ex. questions. Here on the forum the info has been so inconsistent, guys saying sheeple pass and others saying the go getters do well.

I come from a financial background and sales is nothing new to me. My concern is that I might be too aggressive in my traits. My experience as an ultra aggresive commodities, stockbroker and a financial advisor makes me cautious.

I would appreciate any insight from those that have actually taken this thing. Thank you.

aggressive is good for LIMRA......that is what the test is designed for.....

Aggressive as well as a belief that you know that everyone should buy what you sell... and you also own what you sell yourself in a large quantity.

keep in mind what the test is looking for... you know lot's of people and you own a ton of life insurance because you believe in it.

It's called the "Career Profile" (formerly the AIB or Aptitude Index Battery). It scores from 3 to 19. 19 means you have a 1 in 3 chance of surviving your first year with an income that is at the 50th percentile of all new recruits in their first year.

Legitimate companies don't use this as a "success predictor" as much as a failure predictor. Most companies won't talk to you if your score is below a certain number, maybe 12.

A good manager will rely on the CP ALONG WITH several other selection tools. Do yourself a favor and don't try to "beat" the CP. Answer the questions accurately and use the results to not just see if you're hireable to the company, but is the industry hireable to you.

Just answer as honestly as possible. Don't try to answer how you "think" they would want you to answer. They have multiple questions to try to catch people that force answers that are not you.

You will be fine! Don't worry about it and just take it how you want. Make sure to take it slowly and think though the answers (I don't believe it is timed).

If you have been in an aggressive sales role that is a positive. Most people, like myself, are too passive sometimes...but I do quite well now with a more laid back style.

Thanks to all the posters of this thread, even the guy that failed.
There is a truism about being driven. For those that come upon this thread I'd like to give the advice to not be bashful:

-You don't need authority except to set a quota that's all.

-The more insurance products you personally/family owns the better, how much in premium do you pay a year/monthly.

-Income numbers need to match up with the amount of cash outflow you have bills and investments etc. - nothing exact.

-You love people and hate staying inside reading books.

-You believe and do give back to charity, church etc.

-You belong to these types of groups and may even lead.

-You wan't to make take home 100k at least by your third year. Please don't click forty thousand.

-Full of energy.

All this stuff is a no brainer, but if you shy or introverted doesn't mean you wont be good at this game. Some of the most successful people really don't like to be around others, but they emmerse themselves in that environment.

Everything is brief and not too indepth. There is a past employer(s), but I didn't need to do that since they had my resume and know my professional history.

Also, there is a marketing section at the end where they ask you for names and numbers, phone numbers (the vitals). I think this is really cheap and tactless, I left that section blank. They know I'm serious about signing on.

It is timed, 40minutes. They get a report at the end on three major "areas" on a scale of 1-12. Bottom line, it wasn't difficult at all and shouldn't be a concern. Just do as some others posted and what I mentioned above.

All test like these can be passed with flying colors, but how you perform on your own is what is going to make or break you. Kids trying to get into the business will have less to fill out. If you are the driven person described in the test you will suceed. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back