Looking for Appointments

texasmaverick

Does anyone know of any companies taking on new agents for P&C ? I have been licensed since 2005, was working part time with an agent at nationwide but he sold his business in 2013 . Im looking to start my own independent agency in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area.

Does anyone know of any companies taking on new agents for P&C ? I have been licensed since 2005, was working part time with an agent at nationwide but he sold his business in 2013 . Im looking to start my own independent agency in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area.

PM me, I have a few contacts

What's your target market? I know there's a large market for nonstandard in Texas, and quite a few regionals you should have no problem getting appointed with since you have some experience.

If you're looking to do preferred business, look into some aggregators. The best one for you will depend on a number of factors, but I, like you, was a part-time independent contractor for a nationwide agent so I had some idea of what I was doing, and didn't need much in the way of back end support, or anything like that, just access to carriers.

I haven't joined a group yet, but if there were one I'd choose, it would be Insurance Pro Agencies. Your priorities may be different from mine, though.

Back