Looking to Go INDEPENDENT...

Long story short... haven't wrote in almost a year as I've started a full time gig. However, I'm in the process of picking up some CE credits and would like to have some advice on best companies to work with for Life.

Long story short... haven't wrote in almost a year as I've started a full time gig. However, I'm in the process of picking up some CE credits and would like to have some advice on best companies to work with for Life.

Read these forums inside and out. You'll find a lot of good people on here to sign on with. I read pretty much every thread on this website before I even became a member and made a decision on which IMO's to get in contact with.

1. Do you need training?
2. Do you need leads? (Some IMO's can help with this, keep in mind it's always going to cost you, whether through lower comm or paying per lead)

You've come to the right place, just try to find who is going to be the right fit. Oh, and you should probably have some money put away for at least 3-4 months living expenses. You don't want to feel pressure to sell in your first few weeks. You'll end up quitting if you have a tough few weeks.

Yes... I'll definitely be scouring this site. I always need training... I know the basics but I'm need to pick up some CE credits (24 credits for agents with < 6 years).

I've been out of the game for a while as I've been in a full time as a business analyst for the past 7 months and also have a 4 month old that depends on me.

I loved selling insurance (but like everyone says, 1st year is always the roughest for a new agent) so with baby on the way I jumped at a job opportunity.

I plan to sell insurance on the side for now and build my book of business for a while. I need to pick up my CE credits by Jan 31st 2012.

Last edited:
It depends on your market and support needs. Usually when someone asks this question what happens is everyone just starts listing their primary company. My favorite company may not be right for you.

.Some people may disagree, but here's my opinion. Florida is not a pre-appointment state so you should really focus on prospecting and finding potential clients.

Find an upline (such as myself or one of the guys here), to assist you with quotes and case placement. A lot of people get hung up on "getting started" and never really get going. Once you have people to work on, call your upline and tell them what you're looking at.

Its okay to contract with one or two carriers in the market you want to serve, but you can send new business in with your contracts. Just my opinion....

Happy Prospecting!

Again, that's just my thought.

Back