Manning Joins List of Insurance Pitchmen

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Nationwide announced earlier this week that Peyton Manning will be featured in a new ad campaign this fall. Got me thinking about who are the best and worst spokespeople in the insurance market. Flo from Progressive is all over the place, and J.K. Simmons' Farmers spots are clever enough. You have Aaron Rodgers and the Discount Double Check over at State Farm, the Aflac duck, the GEICO Gecko, and Snoopy and the Peanuts gang at MetLife. The list goes on, but those are a few off the top of my head. Who's most effective, and who just annoys you?

Nationwide announced earlier this week that Peyton Manning will be featured in a new ad campaign this fall. Got me thinking about who are the best and worst spokespeople in the insurance market. Flo from Progressive is all over the place, and J.K. Simmons' Farmers spots are clever enough. You have Aaron Rodgers and the Discount Double Check over at State Farm, the Aflac duck, the GEICO Gecko, and Snoopy and the Peanuts gang at MetLife. The list goes on, but those are a few off the top of my head. Who's most effective, and who just annoys you?

Can't stand Rodgers or the duck. I'm a big Peyton fan. He makes good commercials...he can laugh at himself.:laugh:

They're all annoying. Except Peyton. I'm a Bronco's homer.

Think I'll drive my Buick over to Papa John's so I'll have something to eat while I watch DirectTV.

They're all annoying. Except Peyton. I'm a Bronco's homer.

Think I'll drive my Buick over to Papa John's so I'll have something to eat while I watch DirectTV.

But will you have football on your phone during the drive?

I like Ryan oreily in the mayhem commercials!

Those are hilarious. I also like watching the chick that restores everyone's home in the Nationwide commercials. No real desire to get a quote from them, but I enjoy watching her antics in the leathers.

Those are hilarious. I also like watching the chick that restores everyone's home in the Nationwide commercials. No real desire to get a quote from them, but I enjoy watching her antics in the leathers.

Not sure on where you are from (I didn't look to see if it was listed anywhere), but Nationwide has a history of being very competitive in most markets, unless you are currently written with a county mutual or something similar.

Here, we write a LOT of Allied, and can offer better coverage's, give a better product, and still typically save people money. Not to mention they have a great claims team - and yes, I do drink the Koolaid - I used to work for their corporate office once upon a time.

Back