Mark Rosenthal Begins HSCT Treatment Next Week

New post from Mark's dad on Facebook 4 hours ago.

Close to 5 years ago, my son Mark Rosenthal was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis . As soon as he found out, we both googled the illness. And as the doctor told him, we learned it is a DETERIORATING Disorder, a DECLINING Disorder, meaning you get worst and worst and go down hill. The decline is called Relapsing. He was already blind in one eye and having difficulty walking, and could not walk a long distance. He became very absent minded, forgetful, and had serious memory problems. And everything we learned told us he would get worst and more worst. That he would eventually not be able to walk, that he would be in a wheel chair for a few years and then get to where he could not get in and out of a wheel chair. His great aunt died with it, bed ridden off and on for years. THERE WAS NO HOPE. NO KNOWN CURE when he was diagnosed. But the Bible says WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. So we prayed. My entire church prayed, the family prayed, hundreds of friends prayed. I admit, I had no hope, saw no hope. We all saw no hope. We prayed he would not suffer badly. Then we heard of a cure for $55,500 to $65,000 done in Mexico, Russia, Phillipines, Australia, the UK and Canada. It all sounded so IMPOSSIBLE. How in the world could we raise that much money? BUT, Amanda Rosenthal Morton said WE CAN DO IT! And, she did. She headed Mark's fundraising and he got on the waiting list. Price went up to $60 K. He continued to decline, and HEAT was his worst enemy. If he got very hot, he collapsed, he went blind. But guess what? He got the money, he got the treatment, and last week, he walked and walked and walked and walked and even climbed stairs with NO Collapsing, no blindness.
Remember this story. Remember that our Bible says, Romans 8:28,
"in everything God works for good of those who love him" and "WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE". Praise God! And thank you Jesus!

Thanks for the update, Frank.

So his sight is restored as well? Did not know MS robbed you of your sight.

Just to up date you all. There is a lot to tell and a lot of improvement. I will have my last infusion in 2 months and be done with my HSCT treatment and my b cells will start coming back. I now have a Bioness L300 to help me with my right drop foot. I now have the right walker. Since I'm 6'4 I didnt realize that the one I had was way to short for me. A week ago I started the new drug Ampyra to help me walk better. I only use my walker and Bioness for short walks. After about 15 mins my legs still give out and heat can also still take me out. It has gotten some better, but when I take a hot shower, I will pay the price for about an hour for doing so. I have started No Msing Around! - Home Page to help others that have MS learn about HSCT and try and help them also. I'm no longer working and get SSID from the Govt. Hugh pay cut but I'm learning to live on it. I have my good and bad days. More good than bad. My brain fog is cleared up. I can still hit that wall if I over do myself or get hot. My new immune system is very different. Example, I cant use most shampoos because I'm all of the sudden allergic to sulfate, which most have it in it. My hair came back soft and curly. I now go to the Sheperd Center in Atlanta which has been a God sent for me. I have Obamacare until I get my medicare in about 1 and 1/2 which sucks and most doctors wont take it and my infusions and meds cost a lot. My goal with HSCT was to stop my PPMS and for it not to get any worse or to at least slow it down. My Myelin is damaged and dont think it will ever grow back but that Amprya drug should help the signal get stronger. I have had lots of issues being able to sleep. But they have me on a strong sleeping meds that helps slow me down. I spend a lot of my time now working with MS people and trying to give them a voice or help. MS sure does humble you. I thought I was superman before MS took the life out of me. I still have a lot of hope and HSCT can take years to see extra improvements. Im glad I had it done. I spend a lot of time on Facebook, Linkedin and Hayday these days. I do have my days, where I just stay in bed. My main goal in life is to be able to walk for at least an hour one day. Thank you all for caring about me. A lot of you also helped me at my worst time of need. I want you to know that I'm a fighter and I'm still trying everything there is to get better. I knew I was sick when the govt gave me SSID after just 4 months after applying and no lawyer or having to court. Things had really gotten bad for me fast. I just cant put into words what it is like to have HOPE again. I still love talking people's heads off. Again, thank you all for your help.

Mark Rosenthal

Mark, thanks for the update. We love you and miss you around here.

Back