Marketing to Seniors

When mailing out fliers, make sure that they are CMS approved. I am sure that one of your carriers has a flier that you can use. Mutual of Omaha will even personalize them for you, at no cost.

I have only done ones that generate a call back. That requires less effort then actually mailing something back in. Granted, you can weed out some of the bad leads, but a lead is a lead. And they have friends!

CMS Approved? I understand what you mean, but let me make sure I understand what is needed.

Does ANYTHING I send to a Senior HAVE to be CMS approved? OR is that only if I quote companies or rates?

Mutual of Omaha will personalize them for free? Can you please explain this? Does this mean that they will place their logo on it? Also, how do I go about getting that done?

Anything that you give a senior regarding insurance has to have been approved by CMS. That prevents agents from just whipping up a flier and saying what ever they want on it.

If you are appointed with Mutual of Omaha, call the agent support line and they will help you out. 800-693-6083. They do not mail them for free, but they will send them to you at no cost.

Don't mention MA or the PDP directly but use Supplements and the Newer Plans Availablility, and you have a free reign that the CMS people have little to say. I still don't understand, if the government expects and wants the proliferation of MA and PDP then why put so many regulation on these Plans then what Supplements have? I suppose its a Government type of thing.

So James what you're saying is that as long as I don't mention PDP's or MA plans, but only Med Supp or some other generic verbage then I DON'T HAVE to get CMS approval?

Also, I was just looking at the CMS website and had difficulty finding anything for direction on getting a piece of direct mail approved. Any thoughts on where to go or who to contact here?

Superchief said:
So James what you're saying is that as long as I don't mention PDP's or MA plans, but only Med Supp or some other generic verbage then I DON'T HAVE to get CMS approval?

Also, I was just looking at the CMS website and had difficulty finding anything for direction on getting a piece of direct mail approved. Any thoughts on where to go or who to contact here?

CMS is about the MA and PDP, not the Supplement. Stay away as much as you can from this group! If you want to market the MA or PDP directly then go to your carriers, they have them already and likely free as suggested by Midwestbroker.

Remember, Compliance Departments (either Government or Private Base) is anti Sales.

Back