MassMutual "Poaching" Independent Broker's Clients with Beneclick

BIS

Another Independent Broker bites the dust
Situation is simple. Just like all the other "Poachers" that independent brokers have had to contend with through the last 7yrs (i.e. Payroll Co's/HR Benefit platforms etc.), I am dealing with MassMutual and their Beneclick service picking up one of my groups through their "Beneclick" Benefit Mgmt platform.. So MML has their tiny 403(b) and is now implementing this beautiful platform which they can capture all their employees and benefit data and grab all my life ad&d and supp business... I need to know if they work with Independent Brokers so that I can't be shut out. It is such a surreptitious way of poaching my client and I sincerely want the very best for them but I have been dealing with their obvious need for supplemental products and their resistance based on admin and participation requirements.. These platforms are the answer. I proposed a more organic and less "blingy" vehicle but they saw it as a "marketing" product. It was eHealthapp. Honestly it was the only "like" platform that I could afford. I came in with it before MML came in with Beneclick.. So the dilemma is, I need to get appointed w/MML but I cant seem clearly identify if they work with Independent Brokers before they poach this group from me after 17yrs of faithful and dedicated service and cant watch this happen.
Group Critical Illness & Accident Coverage
MassMutual introduced group critical illness and accident policies through employers, directly or through MassMutual’s BeneClick! integrated benefit exchange. The coverage is voluntary or on an employer-paid basis. The policies cover employees and, where available, spouses and children. For more information,visit massmutual.com
Making the Most Out of Open Enrollment | California Broker Magazine MassMutual Introduces Integrated Employee Benefits Exchange Combining Retirement Savings, Healthcare and Insurance Coverages"
Sorry I can't post the links as I have not met the 20 post requirement set by this Forum

Situation is simple. Just like all the other "Poachers" that independent brokers have had to contend with through the last 7yrs (i.e. Payroll Co's/HR Benefit platforms etc.), I am dealing with MassMutual and their Beneclick service picking up one of my groups through their "Beneclick" Benefit Mgmt platform.. So MML has their tiny 403(b) and is now implementing this beautiful platform which they can capture all their employees and benefit data and grab all my life ad&d and supp business... I need to know if they work with Independent Brokers so that I can't be shut out. It is such a surreptitious way of poaching my client and I sincerely want the very best for them but I have been dealing with their obvious need for supplemental products and their resistance based on admin and participation requirements.. These platforms are the answer. I proposed a more organic and less "blingy" vehicle but they saw it as a "marketing" product. It was eHealthapp. Honestly it was the only "like" platform that I could afford. I came in with it before MML came in with Beneclick.. So the dilemma is, I need to get appointed w/MML but I cant seem clearly identify if they work with Independent Brokers before they poach this group from me after 17yrs of faithful and dedicated service and cant watch this happen.
MassMutual introduced group critical illness and accident policies through employers, directly or through MassMutual’s BeneClick! integrated benefit exchange. The coverage is voluntary or on an employer-paid basis. The policies cover employees and, where available, spouses and children. For more information,visit massmutual.com
Making the Most Out of Open Enrollment | California Broker Magazine MassMutual Introduces Integrated Employee Benefits Exchange Combining Retirement Savings, Healthcare and Insurance Coverages"
Sorry I can't post the links as I have not met the 20 post requirement set by this Forum

I just looked at their Maxwell Health service (https://maxwellhealth.com/advisors/) and it seems like a solid technology and platform to use. Did you get a cost on it? If so, what do they charge?

If I did a good bit of group business I would likely invest in something like this.

I do feel for you, but I find it strange that you would identify these organizations as poachers, which would make me think they did something bad or wrong. They would not be gaining market share if they did not offer something of value to their clients.

Back