Medicare Advantage plans in VA

Depends on what they use the VA for.

If they use the VA for everything, then maybe a bare bones plan would work. I offer a $0 premium plan with no Rx to those folks. They like the fact that if htey have an emergency, then they have some extra coverage.

If it is a split (half VA half reg Dr. and hospital) then treat them like a regular client.

Also depends how good the VA hospital is. 15 years ago no one wanted to go to the Kansas City VA hospital, but now they have really turned things around and are getting more people using them.

That and the cheap Rx.

midwestbroker said:
Depends on what they use the VA for.

If they use the VA for everything, then maybe a bare bones plan would work. I offer a $0 premium plan with no Rx to those folks. They like the fact that if htey have an emergency, then they have some extra coverage.

If it is a split (half VA half reg Dr. and hospital) then treat them like a regular client.

Also depends how good the VA hospital is. 15 years ago no one wanted to go to the Kansas City VA hospital, but now they have really turned things around and are getting more people using them.

That and the cheap Rx.

What is the name of the carrier? and which plan?

Thank you

moonlightandmargaritas said:
I think our friend Oleg means VA as in Virginia, not as in Veteran's Administration.....da?

Yes, state of Virginia ....

I had client today who is in 60 just got Medicare part a & b who needs the coverage... anyone can help her?

I am licensed in that state but I offer only Anthem , Unicare and Aetna and some other carriers who do not offer the Medicare sup in her area.

Please advice

Oleg,

If you want to offer her a MA plan, then Unicare is the best one IMHO. Depending on what county in VA, it should be a $0/mo plan for the Security Choice Classic. Unicare simply has the best coverage with least amount of OOP at $750 for hospitalization.

But then you mentioned a Medicare Supplement...you do know they are different I assume.

Oh...sorry!!!!

Not fam with VA. Check the Medicare and You book. They should have a listing in the back of all the current avail plans in that state.

Best of luck!

perfectchoice said:
Oleg,

If you want to offer her a MA plan, then Unicare is the best one IMHO. Depending on what county in VA, it should be a $0/mo plan for the Security Choice Classic. Unicare simply has the best coverage with least amount of OOP at $750 for hospitalization.

But then you mentioned a Medicare Supplement...you do know they are different I assume.

Unicare does not offer any product in that area. I already checked and I do not have time to go with new carrier . Yes, of course I know the difference .

If you know any plan which offer the MA plan in this zip code: 23669 send me the email and I will give you her # to contact . She is waiting for the call.

Thank you

insurancecalifornia said:
Unicare does not offer any product in that area. I already checked and I do not have time to go with new carrier . Yes, of course I know the difference .

If you know any plan which offer the MA plan in this zip code: 23669 send me the email and I will give you her # to contact . She is waiting for the call.

Thank you

Zipcode 23669...Hampton City county...yes it does.
Service Area A $0/mo for SC Classic...and you are appointed with them...right?

perfectchoice said:
insurancecalifornia said:

Thank you

Zipcode 23669...Hampton City county...yes it does.
Service Area A $0/mo for SC Classic...and you are appointed with them...right?
I spoke to unicare Medicare support team and they told me they do not have any plans. I guess those plans can be obtained directly only . I am going to email the unicare again to make sure if I can offer that products.

Thank you

Back