Medicare Advantage

usakr

Guru
100+ Post Club
I don't know much about medicare advantage plans. However, I know open enrollment is coming up. I understand there is good money to be made during this time period. If I decide to do it what are the best ways to get appointments and take full advantage of this season?

I don't know much about medicare advantage plans. However, I know open enrollment is coming up. I understand there is good money to be made during this time period. If I decide to do it what are the best ways to get appointments and take full advantage of this season?
I suggest you spend a couple of hours reading posts in the Senior Forum. Then you can decide if putting up with CMS bullshit is worth your time.

Rick

If you are not in the MA business now, I would suggest not getting into it.

I have done quite well with over the last couple of years and I am leaving that business after this AEP due to all the bs CMS rules. I'm only working the clients in this AEP that I have promised previously to contact and any that call me.

This is one problem I have with MA, at least around here in central TX is: "I heard you can make some money selling MA plans..."

A lot of agents hear that, jump in just to make money, and then they don't stick around. Some of them don't, anyhow.

Mmmmm....

Now is it clear why CMS has to OVER-regulate?

If there were only more posts, such as "I'd really like to offer my senior clients some form of health care coverage that will meet their needs, while at the same time, save them some money. Does anyone know of such a plan?"

but, no, we get, year after year, "I hear there's some good money to make in the next few months, any ideas?"

Not to personally attack you, and I am not. It's just that, year after year, for the past three years, this has been the mentality of those wishing to enter into the senior market.

We've met the enemy, and he is us.

I, too, am only providing these plans to those that I already know, who won't "blow the whistle" on me, and who I already have a relationship with.

I won't buy leads or hire a telemarketer.

This is exactly what has caused all of the problems that all professional agent are facing.

"I don't know much about medicare advantage plans. I understand there is good money to be made during this time period."

Am I the only one who gets pissed when I read something like that?

Those were the days.

Last edited:
I don't know much about medicare advantage plans. However, I know open enrollment is coming up. I understand there is good money to be made during this time period.

Former used car salesman now an insurance agent.

usakr,

Where are you from I might help you if you are close enough to one our offices to get proper training before you hit the market.

Have you no morals in who you work with???

.... I know open enrollment is coming up. I understand there is good money to be made during this time period.

You got to be kidding? Someone makes this kind of statement and you will talk to them? It's these type of agents that cause all the problems with CMS.
Do you honestly think someone that makes the statement, " I understand there is good money to be made...", is going to do what is best for the agent, or, the client?
You need to raise your morals bar a little higher.

Back