Medicare AHIP Questions I Can't Find Answers to -

Moosedrool

Expert
Hi, newbie here. Anyway I've looked all over for answers to these questions and I can't seem to find them. I know by logic what they should be but I'm not 100% certain.

Question 1:
This year you decide to focus your efforts on marketing to employer and union groups. Which of the following statements best describes what you can and cannot do in order to stay in compliance?
  • Your are not required to submit copies of disseminated materials to CMS at the time of use, but CMS may request and review copies if employee complaints occur.
  • You do not need to complete a scope of appointment, but CMS can ask you to reconstruct one if there is a subsequent employee complaint.
  • You can make unsolicited contacts but you cannot cross-sell other products.
  • You do not need to take an annual test, but you must not provide potential enrollees with more than light snacks at presentations.
Question 2:
Ms. Goldstein is required by the plan she presents to obtain enrollment forms that have carbon copies in the back. She gives one to the beneficiary, sends another to the plan and retains the third. What should she do with her copies of the enrollment forms?
  • She should retain them for six years and then throw them in the garbage, as is, without shredding them.
  • There is no specific requirements to which she is subject with regard to safekeeping the information.
  • She should make every effort to safeguard the beneficiary information on those enrollment forms.
  • She should retain them until she is informed by the plan that they have been successfully processed and then she can throw them in the garbage, as is, without shredding them.

The answer to #1 is You are not required to submit copies of disseminated materials to CMS at the time of use, but CMS may request and review copies if employee complaints occur.

The answer to #2 is She should make every effort to safeguard the beneficiary information on those enrollment forms.

In the future, you should know that you can download the course material, there's link on the left side of the screen. Then you can have the material open in another tab/browser while taking exam. Then you can use "ctrl+f" to search the material for the keywords of a question. You'll still have to use a little deductive reasoning, but this should help.

Mr. Decaro has looked at Medicare prescription drug plans available in his area and noted a wide range in premiums. He thought that all the drug plans were required to offer the same standard benefits and would like you to explain why there is such a range in premiums. What should you tell him?

Choose one answer.

a. The premiums differ because some plans intend to market to sicker beneficiaries and have set their premiums to reflect expected greater costs.

b. All drug plans must offer exactly the same coverage model. The difference in premium is a result of the differing financial estimates of the companies offering the plans.

c. Some prescription drug plans may have higher operating costs and/or may offer enhanced coverage in return for an additional premium amount. He could look at plan designs to see if one of the enhanced plans would serve his needs better than a plan based on the standard design.

d. Medicare permits plans that have the highest quality services to reduce their premiums below the standard amount in order to increase their market share. This accounts for the variation in premium amounts.

Just post all 50 questions and ask for other agents who actually know this to help you pass instead of actually learning something.

This is absolutely pathetic and the admins should immediately delete any post asking for the answers to an AHIP question, it reeks of unprofessionalism plus is clearly a compliance issue.

Some of us work have worked really hard to learn all of this-I can only speak for myself but having these questions posted publicly by agents hoping to squeeze through this exam is an outright insult

FLM2 said:

Some of us work have worked really hard to learn all of this-I can only speak for myself but having these questions posted publicly by agents hoping to squeeze through this exam is an outright insult

Agree. And why aren't their "uplines" assisting them?

I would advise anyone having trouble with AHIP to go through all of the modules and do the end review of each module several times. Write down notes. Carefully read the questions and knock out any answers that immediately strike you as incorrect.

Any questions - definitely go to your upline for help.

I would advise anyone having trouble with AHIP to go through all of the modules and do the end review of each module several times. Write down notes. Carefully read the questions and knock out any answers that immediately strike you as incorrect.

Any questions - definitely go to your upline for help.
What if they're too dumb to pass the test? :eek::wideeyed:

Back