Medicare Supplement Commissions?

I don't pay this so must be case by case.

Good luck.

You may want to check that again. Here's a line from Medico's advance agreement as one example:

3. Distributor will be indebted to Medico and/or Medico Corp by receiving advance commission under this Addendum. Any
indebtedness will be legal debt that will be due on demand. Medico and/or Medico Corp will retain a first lien on all sums due for
the satisfaction of the debt and is not limited to this means of collection. The advance debit balance shall accrue interest at a rate
of 1% per month (12.7 APR).

You may want to check that again. Here's a line from Medico's advance agreement as one example:

3. Distributor will be indebted to Medico and/or Medico Corp by receiving advance commission under this Addendum. Any
indebtedness will be legal debt that will be due on demand. Medico and/or Medico Corp will retain a first lien on all sums due for
the satisfaction of the debt and is not limited to this means of collection. The advance debit balance shall accrue interest at a rate

I don't believe I ever mentioned Medico Todd.

I just spoke to a Med Supp agency that is not taking advances because of this.

They are 100% as earned with all of the carriers they write with.

Yes, I get it, 1% interest per month can add up. **BUT** Taking advances to invest and grow your business is a "no-brainier" in my opinion. :idea: I believe there are some carriers that don't even charge interest on advances ...

I don't believe I ever mentioned Medico Todd.

In post #10 you said; "I get 100% up front from the companies I mentioned. UHC gives 9 mo. as does Medico and a few others."

I was just using them as an example anyway. I get the feeling you're being charged the interest rates by more companies than you realize. That's my whole point.

speaking of UHC, my first 2 commissions were with them,

one was an MA ( $150 ) with an effective date of June 1st and the other was a Supp($180) with an efective date of Sept 1st, still have not figured out how renewal rates work.

speaking of UHC, my first 2 commissions were with them,

one was an MA ( $150 ) with an effective date of June 1st and the other was a Supp($180) with an efective date of Sept 1st, still have not figured out how renewal rates work.

I'm not sure of your upline and if they are taking a cut but usually UHC will pay their portion in a few weeks and then when Medicare approves the mapd you get the remainder.

Now on the med supp, they pay 9 month advance. No interest. So on month 10 you will get around $20 per person per month.

Latest posts

Back