Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions

Reply to Monumental and Transamerica     
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Super Genius
SWM on Monumental and Transamerica - Insurance Forum

State: SWM is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
Monumental and Transamerica Monumental and Transamerica
This question goes out to anyone with knowledge of the current business model of what was Monumental. I was wondering if the new Transamerica Agency (Monumental) have access or plan to have access to Transamerica Advisors? Transamerica has a Variable Annuity that is widely sold through the indy BD channels. Will the Trans Agency begin allowing their captive agents access to the BD and sell the VAs? It also might bring some credibility to a BD that swallowed up World Financial Group. There seems a whole lot of financial corps in identity crisis now, including American General. In Rep magazine, Transamerica Advisors jumped to third in AUM of the top 35 Indy Broker Dealer from 2011 to 2012. There is a lot of movement there!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Monumental and Transamerica
eZLynx Banner New 2
Old 11-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Guru

State: Tahoe Ray is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
Tahoe Ray is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Monumental and Transamerica Re: Monumental and Transamerica
Originally Posted by SWM View Post
This question goes out to anyone with knowledge of the current business model of what was Monumental. I was wondering if the new Transamerica Agency (Monumental) have access or plan to have access to Transamerica Advisors? Transamerica has a Variable Annuity that is widely sold through the indy BD channels. Will the Trans Agency begin allowing their captive agents access to the BD and sell the VAs? It also might bring some credibility to a BD that swallowed up World Financial Group. There seems a whole lot of financial corps in identity crisis now, including American General. In Rep magazine, Transamerica Advisors jumped to third in AUM of the top 35 Indy Broker Dealer from 2011 to 2012. There is a lot of movement there!
Wow, that is a big move. No idea on your question (sorry) but I am surprised to hear that they moved that far up the rankings as far as the sheer # of reps. Interesting.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
Guru
VolAgent on Monumental and Transamerica - Insurance Forum

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Monumental and Transamerica Re: Monumental and Transamerica
How many FE agents have a Series 6? Where is the advantage in this to anyone? Based on what these guys describe as their typical client, selling VAs to FE clients would be a compliance nightmare.

You can pay the premium or you can own the loss.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
SWM
Super Genius
SWM on Monumental and Transamerica - Insurance Forum

State: SWM is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
Monumental and Transamerica Re: Monumental and Transamerica SWM is the thread starter for: Monumental and Transamerica

Originally Posted by VolAgent View Post
How many FE agents have a Series 6? Where is the advantage in this to anyone? Based on what these guys describe as their typical client, selling VAs to FE clients would be a compliance nightmare.
That is one of the reasons I am asking. With the merger, is the face of Monumental changing? I remember when Metlife wanted us to get our series 7's, and many of us did in the late 90's. When we got them, we were then told we could not solicit business. A client could call and ask to buy 12 shares of Walmart and we could be the order taker, but could not advise on purchases. That is the main reason I left them in 2001. Will Monumental make a push for it's agents to start marketing to middle America, considering that is Transamerica's sweet spot?

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   In which state is Miami Beach ? I agree to forum rules 

Reply to Monumental and Transamerica 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions