Monumental and Transamerica

SWM

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
This question goes out to anyone with knowledge of the current business model of what was Monumental. I was wondering if the new Transamerica Agency (Monumental) have access or plan to have access to Transamerica Advisors? Transamerica has a Variable Annuity that is widely sold through the indy BD channels. Will the Trans Agency begin allowing their captive agents access to the BD and sell the VAs? It also might bring some credibility to a BD that swallowed up World Financial Group. There seems a whole lot of financial corps in identity crisis now, including American General. In Rep magazine, Transamerica Advisors jumped to third in AUM of the top 35 Indy Broker Dealer from 2011 to 2012. There is a lot of movement there!

This question goes out to anyone with knowledge of the current business model of what was Monumental. I was wondering if the new Transamerica Agency (Monumental) have access or plan to have access to Transamerica Advisors? Transamerica has a Variable Annuity that is widely sold through the indy BD channels. Will the Trans Agency begin allowing their captive agents access to the BD and sell the VAs? It also might bring some credibility to a BD that swallowed up World Financial Group. There seems a whole lot of financial corps in identity crisis now, including American General. In Rep magazine, Transamerica Advisors jumped to third in AUM of the top 35 Indy Broker Dealer from 2011 to 2012. There is a lot of movement there!

Wow, that is a big move. No idea on your question (sorry) but I am surprised to hear that they moved that far up the rankings as far as the sheer # of reps. Interesting.

How many FE agents have a Series 6? Where is the advantage in this to anyone? Based on what these guys describe as their typical client, selling VAs to FE clients would be a compliance nightmare.

How many FE agents have a Series 6? Where is the advantage in this to anyone? Based on what these guys describe as their typical client, selling VAs to FE clients would be a compliance nightmare.
That is one of the reasons I am asking. With the merger, is the face of Monumental changing? I remember when Metlife wanted us to get our series 7's, and many of us did in the late 90's. When we got them, we were then told we could not solicit business. A client could call and ask to buy 12 shares of Walmart and we could be the order taker, but could not advise on purchases. That is the main reason I left them in 2001. Will Monumental make a push for it's agents to start marketing to middle America, considering that is Transamerica's sweet spot?

Back