joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
§ 4003.009. INTERSTATE MOVE BY AGENT. (a) Not later than
the 30th day after moving from one state to another state, an agent
licensed in this state shall file with the department:
(1) the agent's new address; and
(2) proof of authorization to engage in the business
of insurance in the new state of residence.
(b) The department may not charge a fee or require a license
application under this section.

Added by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1274, § 7, eff. April 1, 2005.

But...

TDI says they will just convert the license to a non-resident with simply an address change form...

§ 4056.053. ISSUANCE OF LICENSE TO NONRESIDENT AGENT NOT
LICENSED IN OTHER STATE. The department shall issue a license to
an applicant under this chapter if the applicant has:
(1) passed the examination for an agent's license
required under this title;
(2) met the eligibility requirements for issuance of a
license after an examination of the applicant's criminal history
records under Section 4056.051(b); and
(3) satisfied the requirements for a license for an
individual under this code, including Subchapter C, Chapter 4001.

Added by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1274, § 7, eff. April 1, 2005.

I won't have the new resident license for 4-8 weeks due to rigorous background checks.

Don't want to mess up my current renewals and overrides though... also have some big clients that will be moving plans due to rate increases in the near term.

Should I just go ahead and file the address change with TDI? I already updated the mailing address with most of the carriers.

Why not go for a non-res license in OR then change it after it is issued? Keep your TX license as is until OR comes through.

That is, assuming you can pass muster . . .

I can't imagine the state of TX is that diligent on handing out licenses and keeping track of who is where. I mean, if they will give a license to Peeler & STI then what does that say about how hard it is?

Why not go for a non-res license in OR then change it after it is issued? Keep your TX license as is until OR comes through.

That is, assuming you can pass muster . . .

I can't imagine the state of TX is that diligent on handing out licenses and keeping track of who is where. I mean, if they will give a license to Peeler & STI then what does that say about how hard it is?

I talked to TDI again... and now have this answer from 3 people. I simply fax in the address change form, and my license turns into a non-resident license. Everything stays the same. If I decided not to get a license in OR, and continued to do CE in TX, I could live anywhere and maintain the TX license without a resident license. I assume the CE requirement goes away once I get my resident license and send proof.

OR just requires that I apply within 90 days of living in the state to avoid testing since I've been licensed more than 3 years. $122 fee and fingerprints and that's it.

Seems pretty simple, but I just always assumed you had to have a resident state. I guess TX does not care as they do not need anything but an address change.

Back