Mutual Of Omaha

insurance2

Greetings. I'm interviewing with Mutual of Omaha. If I join them I hope to stay with them for 10-15 years and make my career there. I know some advantages to going it alone...but I'm not inclined to do so. That said, as far as career agencies go, I hope there are some of you that have knowledge of...or are still with Mutal of Omaha, and can give me a word of advice/opinion.
Thanks very much for your valuable time.

Mutual has good products. They have some call centers that do crazy unethical stuff, but in so far as a captive product lineup I don't know that you'd beat them in life/medicare.

Starting out solo is definitely not something I'd recommend to anyone that does not have significant business experience. I would say I believe that it's where I'd say everyone should want to end up eventually though.

With any captive agency I'd recommend anyone to keep duplicates of their book outside the agency and be careful what they signed.

Unless things really really go well those Mutual Of Omaha agency offices are bad news. For every guy that walks into one of those agencies and makes a career there are dozens that end up getting fired and having their renewals stolen. Its a bad bet Im telling ya. The training will amount to them telling you to get on the phone and drum up some appointments then they will send an experienced agent out to the appt with you. Whats going to happen is you are going to sit on that phone for a few weeks and maybe set a few appointments and maybe sell one or two and your going to quit or get fired. Never forget in this business that no MGA or Insurance company is your friend. They dont care if you cant pay your rent or your car payment. They dont care if your family starves. All they care about is making a dollar out of you without investing a penny.:1arghh:

Unless things really really go well those Mutual Of Omaha agency offices are bad news. For every guy that walks into one of those agencies and makes a career there are dozens that end up getting fired and having their renewals stolen. Its a bad bet Im telling ya. The training will amount to them telling you to get on the phone and drum up some appointments then they will send an experienced agent out to the appt with you. Whats going to happen is you are going to sit on that phone for a few weeks and maybe set a few appointments and maybe sell one or two and your going to quit or get fired. Never forget in this business that no MGA or Insurance company is your friend. They dont care if you cant pay your rent or your car payment. They dont care if your family starves. All they care about is making a dollar out of you without investing a penny.:1arghh:
I can't speak for MOO, I have never been in their system . I have been an MGA and the equivalent of a FMO in my career.
I did care about my agents and went out on a limb for them many times. I know many Upline types that did the same thing for their agents. Sure their are greedy, self only Upline types. Mr. Yoda please don't use a broad brush to paint all
MGA's Etc. as not caring about the welfare of the agents in their downline or the agents that they manage. I don't have a dog in this, the only agent I manage now is myself.
</IMG>

That is to bad you think that way and too bad that in some cases you are right. All insurance companies are not bad, neither is management... I am proud to say that just about every Agent I work with, I can also call a friend. What I am trying to say is not all are bad... A couple bad apples just make a bad impression...

I have work for a couple of guys who were great and I have worked for a couple who were so so and I have worked for a couple that were thieves.

Back