My New Commercial

I don't like it. Don't use cartoons

Here is an example of what I like to see. This is one of my agents ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really, really hard to decide what route to go when it comes to selling insurance.

The dignified, straight from the heart pitch has its appeal.

On the other hand, your pitch will grab attention. I'm just not sure it will grab the attention of the market you are looking for. MTV fans probably don't buy much insurance.

I would take the time and spend the money to find out what a group of your target people think of the ad. What other agents think would only be a starting point.

You might also consider inviting a half-dozen or more of your preferred clients for an event (lunch, maybe?) and ask them for advice on this -they would probably be flattered. More and more agents are putting together "advisory boards" of top clients for this purpose.

Last edited:
The ad seems aimed at the same market as the home page of your web site. how are you taking it to the "air-waves"

Win on price, lose on price. I realize that in your market price is probably how you start the relationship (same as health), just make sure that when you get 'em in the door, you create some value to keep the business on the books.

Back