Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure tbh

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noelani

I'm so stressed out. So basically I've searched all over the internet and I cannot find the answer. I had a License in another state, and when I moved I reported it. Of course since I moved that License was cancelled because that was no longer my resident state. Now I'm trying to transfer that to my new home state, however, my last name is now different.

My question is was I supposed to report that name change to that original state if my license was cancelled technically? I'm just wondering what to expect, if I should be expecting a fine for not reporting that fast enough or if I'm okay because I reported the address in time and it was cancelled? :embarrassed:

The NIPR website is probably the best resource out there for you to check out. I guess the biggest question would be the time that has lapsed since you moved and your old license was canceled. I would imagine that as long as you have your documentation proving your name change as well as your national producer number then you shouldn't have anything to worry about! Hope this helps.

I am probably showing my age here but when I moved to another State years ago, my license was not reciprocal so I could not transfer it. Even though I had many years in the industry, I had to again take my pre-licensing class and sit for my exam in the State I was living (still am). But before I could do that I had to cancel my license with my home State.

Again unless things have changed, does the State you currently live in allow you to transfer your license from another State. If not, you should not have a problem, just get a letter of cancellation from your former State. If it has already been cancelled, you may be asked that question on your new license application, "Have you ever held a license in another State, the answer is yes.

However, if you feel more comfortable with talking with someone, call NIPR and speak with one of their customer service reps. Best of Luck

I'm so stressed out. So basically I've searched all over the internet and I cannot find the answer. I had a License in another state, and when I moved I reported it. Of course since I moved that License was cancelled because that was no longer my resident state. Now I'm trying to transfer that to my new home state, however, my last name is now different.

My question is was I supposed to report that name change to that original state if my license was cancelled technically? I'm just wondering what to expect, if I should be expecting a fine for not reporting that fast enough or if I'm okay because I reported the address in time and it was cancelled? :embarrassed:

Good luck, I believe you've gotten all the advice one can give on this topic other than a NIPR representative! They are usually pretty fast!

Back