In Need of Help! Please!

BrendanF

Expert
I am only 19 years old, I passed my state exam and I am a licensed Property and Casualty producer. I work for an independent broker that represents about 30 different companies but as I understand it is slow starting out.

My question is this, Do you think its possible for to work a ordinary 9-5 and still do insurance? One of my good friends has a position at a Car Shop that needs to be filled and it would be good to have some sort of cash flow coming in.

I have strong sales skills, but insurance like you all know is slow and hard the first few years. I was wondering since I am young, maybe work at this car shop for a little just till I can get my client base up. When I say client base, I mean (Having Dealerships referring to me, having apartment complexes referring to me and really just about anything.)

I don't have much family or anybody for that matter to ask questions regarding which career steps I need to take, so any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Brendan Fleischer

I am only 19 years old, I passed my state exam and I am a licensed Property and Casualty producer. I work for an independent broker that represents about 30 different companies but as I understand it is slow starting out.

My question is this, Do you think its possible for to work a ordinary 9-5 and still do insurance? One of my good friends has a position at a Car Shop that needs to be filled and it would be good to have some sort of cash flow coming in.

I have strong sales skills, but insurance like you all know is slow and hard the first few years. I was wondering since I am young, maybe work at this car shop for a little just till I can get my client base up. When I say client base, I mean (Having Dealerships referring to me, having apartment complexes referring to me and really just about anything.)

I don't have much family or anybody for that matter to ask questions regarding which career steps I need to take, so any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Brendan Fleischer
It is very easy to do Both It really depends on if the agency you work for will allow you to. Our agency we have one girl who is 21 and new to the industry but she is not quite ready to give up her other jobs so she does insurance and her other jobs and has been doing this for 6 month now that she is more stable and ready come the new year she will be at the office full time.
I would check and see if the agency will allow you to do both before making the leap. When I started in the industry 13 years ago I started that same exact way worked several jobs and sold insurance it took me a few years but I know own my own agency.
Hope this helps and Good Luck :)

Thank you!

Brendan Fleischer

What do you have to lose working on insurance on Saturdays and evenings if that is what you have to do to get going. At the age 19 you can do many things and you have the energy to do it. I talked to a guy who sold Farmers Insurance by day and waited tables by night.

What do you have to lose working on insurance on Saturdays and evenings if that is what you have to do to get going. At the age 19 you can do many things and you have the energy to do it. I talked to a guy who sold Farmers Insurance by day and waited tables by night.

Ahhhhhhhh, to be young again....

It is very easy to do Both It really depends on if the agency you work for will allow you to. Our agency we have one girl who is 21 and new to the industry but she is not quite ready to give up her other jobs so she does insurance and her other jobs and has been doing this for 6 month now that she is more stable and ready come the new year she will be at the office full time.
I would check and see if the agency will allow you to do both before making the leap. When I started in the industry 13 years ago I started that same exact way worked several jobs and sold insurance it took me a few years but I know own my own agency.
Hope this helps and Good Luck :)

Thank you very much! I will talk to the Owners and see what there point of view on this would be. I cannot thank you enough for your advice!

Thank you so much!

That's exactly what I was thinking, might as well make use of time instead of waste it! (: Thanks man!

Ahhhhhhhh, to be young again....

Ahhh. But sometimes its so hard to be young. :goofy:

Back