Need Insurance Pro's Serious Advice

Greetings.

I am new to the insurance world (currently in class for Life and health). Will take exam at the end of the month.

Scenario: I have a potential customer (a friend's company) with 200 plus employees in the state of AL. The employer offers health benefits but does not offer any form of retirement benefits to their employees. They are seriously considering offering retirement benefits including but not limited to 401k, and others.

My situation:

- Currently in school for life and health. Don't have a license yet (but will soon after exam). After the license I am independent. I don't work for a broker or agency or insurance company.

- I don't have a series 6, or 7 or 63

I did ask around and there are a few companies stating they can offer a "consulting fee" to me if they sell retirement and/or health insurance to the potential client. When asked to see the consulting agreement, non have produced it. I asked what the compensation is for me, they are giving me the run around.

I need advice.

What would be a wise plan of attack to tackle this opportunity?

Is there a company that can guide me through the process and still get paid if I have only life and health license? or No license?

If I only receive a "consulting fee" for all services mentioned above, what are the typical fees that I can collect as a consultant vs producer?

What does this consulting agreement look like? and is there an upfront compensation and residual compensation? for 401k, retirement, annuities, IUL, health, p&c, workman's comp, business insurance, etc etc?

If I wait till I receive my Life and Health license, what are the benefits? How can I participate on the commissions and residuals of what I can legally sell and the ones I will have to act as consultant for those I do not have license to sell? Or can I?

PLEASE ADVISE.

THANK YOU

Any suggestions?

You will want to learn about non-registered group annuities.

Non-registered means not filed with FINRA (for securities).

There are quite a few companies that offer this product.

There are non-registered group variable annuities available... and participants can get asset allocation advice from a 3rd party.

The reason you can sell the NRGVA is because the company is considered a "sophisticated" investor - just by the fact that it is a business. By selling the retirement plan as an annuity means a pretty darn good payday for you!

Ask your IMO/MGA or whoever is going to be helping you to find companies that will do this kind of business with you.

I happen to know that ANICO and Mutual of Omaha both offer these kinds of services.

Independent Marketing Group of American National

Mutual of Omaha Retirement Services

Back