Need Your Help - I'm Running a (half) Marathon...

djs

Super Moderator
Ever know someone with cancer?
Ever want to run in a marathon?

I'm combining the 2... don't laugh, at 280 lbs, this is a challenge for me and I need your help! I have a goal of raising $1800 and I'd like your help in accomplishing this.

I have a mission-to help find cures and more effective treatments for blood cancers. To accomplish that mission, I’m participating in a sports endurance event as a member of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Team In Training. Like the other members of TNT, I will be raising funds to help find cures and better treatments for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma. I’m improving the quality of my life by participating and with your support, I can help improve the quality of life for patients and their families as well.​

Please make a donation in support of my efforts with Team In Training and help advance the research for cures.
My Fundraising Page

Last edited:
Ever know someone with cancer?
Ever want to run in a marathon?

I'm combining the 2... don't laugh, at 280 lbs, this is a challenge for me and I need your help! I have a goal of raising $1800 and I'd like your help in accomplishing this.

I have a mission-to help find cures and more effective treatments for blood cancers. To accomplish that mission, I’m participating in a sports endurance event as a member of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Team In Training. Like the other members of TNT, I will be raising funds to help find cures and better treatments for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma. I’m improving the quality of my life by participating and with your support, I can help improve the quality of life for patients and their families as well.

Please make a donation in support of my efforts with Team In Training and help advance the research for cures.
My Fundraising Page

Read more: Insurance Forum

I wish you well. My family has been fortunate to not have had any Cancer history.

Dan: After seeing your photo, perhaps, at you age you might want to use a portion of the donations to purchase a little additional life insurance before the marathon. You could make the cancer fund the beneficiary. ;) .. As a cancer survivor (not blood related).. Thanks.. Louis

I'm saddened to see that so few people from this board have donated so far.

Dan has been on this board for a long time and deserves your support.

I too was concerned about him doing a 13 mile run. But he told me privately he has trained for this and is in good condition.

So why not donate twenty-five bucks? I once ran a half-mar. Only once. Believe me, he is going to earn it!

Al
499WordPressDesign.com

Does someone have to post on this forum "Look at me! I donated to this cause!" in order to support someone.

One does not have to be noticed by others to do good deeds.

Rick

I appreciate the support from everyone.
Yes, I have been training to do this. Heck, I watched the olympic marathon runners do this, they made it look easy. Then I thought, hey, thats the olympics, so I watched a few others on TV as well. Shouldn't be a problem :)

Seriously though, I'll make the run, I've been training to do it for some time now and have done similar runs over the last few months, except this one will be in the hills in San Francisco, so it will be a challenge.

The one thing I can promise, is that I will not be the first to cross the finish line, but I will cross it.

I do sincerely appreciate the support, whether in well wishes (which I've gotten many) or in donations, or in coming out and running with me, which nobody has volunteered to do yet.....

Dan

I do sincerely appreciate the support, whether in well wishes (which I've gotten many) or in donations, or in coming out and running with me, which nobody has volunteered to do yet.....

Dan

... because we are not crazy!

I walk about 1.5 miles each morning and run (jog... 12 min/mile) the same in the afternoon. Anyone in good health can do that... not a big deal even for an older person (I'm 64.) But to even walk 13 miles, much less run it, takes a fair amount of training to work up to it. I did it once in my early 40s... just to see if I could do it.... took me about 3.5 hours... and I was beat when done... never tried again.

You're a crazy man... but I wish you well!!!

Al
499WordPressDesign.com

Never denied being crazy :)
In fact, I'd be crazy to deny being crazy....

I appreciate the support from everyone.
Yes, I have been training to do this. Heck, I watched the olympic marathon runners do this, they made it look easy. Then I thought, hey, thats the olympics, so I watched a few others on TV as well. Shouldn't be a problem :)

Seriously though, I'll make the run, I've been training to do it for some time now and have done similar runs over the last few months, except this one will be in the hills in San Francisco, so it will be a challenge.

The one thing I can promise, is that I will not be the first to cross the finish line, but I will cross it.

Dan

If I joined you in the running I wouldn't have worry about the cancer coming back.. The heart would do me in! :yes:

Back