· United Health American
· Jackson Nation
· Met Life
· The Plus Group (Disability)
· Aenta
· John Hancock (Long Term Care & Life)
· Mega Life & Health
· Midwest Life & Health
· The Alliance for Affordable Services (Discount Cards, Dental, Rx Cards)
· Americans for Finical Security (Discount Cards, Dental, Rx Cards)
· Securian

And a few other companies that contracts are still being implemented and aren’t yet made available.

To all my fellow insurance brokers and insurance agents, I’m looking for a bit of advice. I’ve been in the industry for about a year, in which I’ve been told that the first year is the hardest in any business that you start. It’s been a rough year with many financial struggles, many deterrents, and of course time. I’ve had my up’s and downs with it. Good and bad months.

What I’m asking for is what is the best way of going about selling insurance, or more so what’s the best way to get appointments. I’ve done cold calling, I’ve done advertising, I’ve done flyers, I’ve tried buying leads (both shared and exclusive), and we also receive leads from our company. Though I’ve yet to really make it big in the industry. I know that success is not achieved over night much as its preached when you sign up, but I feel as though I’m missing something important. Some major factor that I just don’t seem to be getting, I can make sales, I can make appointments, but for some reason it just feels like something is missing, which also feels like its inhibiting me from my success. Perhaps that may be my lack of years I’ve been selling? Considering that I’ve only been doing it for a year. A second factor is it seems a lot of the time people won’t take me seriously. I’m very young for one… Handing a check to someone in there early twenties for 500+ dollars for a health insurance plan that was told to them by someone that looks like a kid doesn’t help much either I will say. I try to make up for that by dressing everyday in a suit and tie, and trying to look a cut above the average (but not in a shady way).

What in your personal experience is the best way to meet clients? Any and all suggestions are open, in any area, whether its health, life, long term care, disability, uninsurable, or annuity.

Currently working on 6 & 63 variable license

I’m in the Southern California area San Diego.
Thank you for your help,

Sincerely
Shan~

Mega Life & Health
· Midwest Life & Health

These carriers don't belong in the same group as the rest and one can question the real value (other than padding commissions) of the discount plans.

Your real challenge is coming across as credible. Age can be a hindrance, but only if you let it.

If you are hesitant about asking for a $500 check your prospects will read that in you. I suspect you don't really believe in what you are doing and that runs counter to what you are trying to accomplish.

If this is a problem in health and life sales you are pretty much doomed when you move to securities. The level of trust goes up exponentially in the securities game.

You are also carrying a lot of luggage. Obviously I have no idea how you make your presentation, but reading your post it seems like you are walking in like Santa with a big bag of toys and bringing first on then another out until someone finally agree's to buy.

I know a lot of agencies teach sales "techniques" and sales pitches but that does not work. The only way to really be successful long term is to find a way to get your prospect to open up about what is really bothering them.

Find the itch then scratch it for them.

Well . . .

After posting I saw Scott's comment. Found these.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...e-insurance-solutions-career-thread17461.html

http://www.linkedin.com/companies/insphere-insurance-solutions (Why is Mark Rosenthal listed on this profile)?

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=61107556

Last edited:
Hi,
If you are still looking for the professional and useful guide from some insurance senior agents and brokers, then I will suggest you to judge the person properly before finalizing everything.

Few important things that you must examine are:
1) You should gather good amount of information about the top insurance agents and then make a comparison among them. And choose the best broker who will fulfill your utmost need.

2) Go though their previous settlement history.

3) You can talk to those persons who have practical experience in this matter.

regards,
Wills Smith
An Insurance community member

First of all, u need to have the right products for the right clients. if your products are out of the price range then so will your clients.

Next, u need the right approach. Loosing up don't be too serious when u talk to your client. Just let know who u r and what u have to offer them that can help. for life insurance products that will help them to build wealth.

hope this helps

I am a new agent the company I am with does not sell property & casualty insurance. I need insurance for operating water sports from hotel grounds

Latest posts

Back