Needing Some Guidence

mericks

I work for a State Farm agent and I am currently also looking for a part time job as well. A question keeps bouncing around in my head that I would like someones input on. Would I be able to do something part time for a non cpative company? Any input would be great. Just trying to find an answer.
Thanks

There are some agents in our town that are part time independent agents but they are not very successful.

Insurance is a business that you need just jump head first into to make it successful in the long term. If you are just trying to get by there are probably better hourly jobs out there or independents that need hourly positions.

Well I am doing quite well to be honest with ya. I was wanting to expand my profits to being able to sell more. The question is is it possible for me to do so through another company? I'm just a team member.

That is something you would need to talk about with your agency, but it probably will be considered a conflict of interest.

That's what I was thinking^. But it's always good to hear from you guys. I read these forums religiously.

----------

My buddy does some work with NASB and he clears over 100 k a year easy. He wanted me to do something for him part time but I really wasn't sure and I don't want to out the wrong ideas in my boss's head ya know.

That's what I was thinking^. But it's always good to hear from you guys. I read these forums religiously.

----------

My buddy does some work with NASB and he clears over 100 k a year easy. He wanted me to do something for him part time but I really wasn't sure and I don't want to out the wrong ideas in my boss's head ya know.

Better verify he makes 100k. They are used to making stuff up over at NASB.

Haha this is all too realistic for me. I worked for a SF agent, was top producer, we were good pals(or so i thought), he even paid for half of my honeymoon!

Well i got offered a job doing commercial lines an independent agency in town, they found me, i didnt even apply. Made an offer i couldnt refuse so i accepted. Told my SF agent the next day and he asked when my last day was. I told him a month and 1 day. He was obviously bummed, but understood. The next day he comes to my office when i get back from lunch and asks me to come to his. No sooner than i sit down he says i need to pack up and leave because its a SF rule. I had all i could do not to laugh because i knew he was lying. I wasnt employed by SF, they had no control over me. He was my employer.

So long story short, its all about your agent. Regardless, if you can get into an independent agency full time, do it. 10x better IMO, both money wise and company wise. I have 10 companies to choose from commercially, and i get to pick which underwriter i send my business too. Its pretty easy pickings. Also unlike SF, you have a single underwriter for each line of business. In my yr at SF i dont think i ever talked to the same underwriter.

Back