Nevada Business License?

wfs

Guru
100+ Post Club
I recently relocated to Nevada and had to terminate my old PA resident license in order to obtain a new resident NV license - which I now have. :)

I previously had a non-resident license in NV, but now that I live here, I think I need to obtain a separate "business license" in order to sell in this state.

Does anyone know the specifics of this? I am not sure if the professional license is all that is needed. As a nonresident, I was able to sell in NV without a business license. Any licensed NV agents able to chime in on this?

Thanks

I'm not in Nevada, but:
- Are you going to have an office lease? Signage? Then you'll need a local business tax license to do business in your local city.
- If you're working out of your home, there is probably no need to file for a business tax license. However, if you need a residential solicitors permit, you'd have to have a business tax license to get the permit. (That's what I did.)

If you're wanting to do business under a corporate agency that you own, then you'll want to get a non-entity insurance license for your corporation/LLC.

I also don't live in Nevada, but frequently, if you are within city limits, you need to have a city business license. It cost me about $20 a year, not a big deal.

Call the local city hall and talk to the business license department. Make sure they understand you do not take any money directly, which usually means you don't have to pay a percentage of it to them.

It's big brother checking up on you, but its really not that big of a deal.

Dan

Back