New Looking for a Little Advice

ejg700

Hello, I'm a "new" life agent looking to get started selling mortgage protection, and eventually diversify with FE. I actually got licensed back in 2015, freshly off unemployment. I spent the last money I had on bad leads, sold one small policy and needless to say I was out looking for a "job" soon after. Anyhow, I'm now in a better position, and wondering if starting with mortgage protection, and then adding in some FE is a good idea. Thanks!

Hello, I'm a "new" life agent looking to get started selling mortgage protection, and eventually diversify with FE. I actually got licensed back in 2015, freshly off unemployment. I spent the last money I had on bad leads, sold one small policy and needless to say I was out looking for a "job" soon after. Anyhow, I'm now in a better position, and wondering if starting with mortgage protection, and then adding in some FE is a good idea. Thanks!

You should market for one or the other. If you like working weekdays during the daytime hours you will like FE.

If you don't mind working evenings and weekends then mortgage protection could be the better choice for you.

Your marketing is to completely different demographics with these products. One is sold to younger people who work and have recently purchased or refinanced the home.

The other is mainly retired seniors or people on disability who are home during the day and are generally very low income.

So the marketing is to opposite ages and income levels. The key is to market to one of those groups not both. You will still find opportunities to sell both products through your own marketing to the one group. But if you try to market to both groups you will dilute your efforts and be less successful.

I feel your pain, I have been selling mortgage protection for the past 15 years, working leads that I pay $50/each. I am very familiar to the ups and downs of this business, and for every bad week you have, a good one if right around the corner....all you need is 1 or 2 good policies to turn it around. I recently moved to Boulder, CO and started me own insurance firm. I still currently order leads and that is how I generate my business, I have a cap of 10/week to keep me out of financial trouble, and that still generates enough business, I have already submitted $122,875.00 in new business so far this year. Starting my own agency was the best thing I could have done, but what I have learned, is that if you do not want depend on leads then you have to plaster you business ALL over the internet, using every platform you can think of...Google+,facebook, making sure your SEO is up to date, and working with google to ensure your site is using its full potential. It was a big learning curve for me, and hopefully it pays off in the future. I admire what you are doing, and I encourage you to not give up, because the struggle is all worth it in the end. I am more than willing to help in any way I can!
Take care,
Brian

A lot of these lead houses have gotten smart (or greedy) because of the demand and gotten away from the flat rate per lead. They are now offering their leads in a bid situation. I have seen under 65 health leads go for $65/$75 per lead during peak times of the year. Deepest pockets wins!

There is an IMO Cary Levinson, which is offering exclusive leads at $18, provided you contract with them. I just saw their youtube video, and they appear to be very good. They claim to be selling about million dollar of leads in a year. Does anyone have experience with their leads? I will talk to them soon regarding their commission structure.

Back