New/Old Agent Sales Checklist - Door to Door

G

I rented and watched the movie "Door to Door" with William H Macy, 2002. (I ordered the DVD and the book his assistant wrote on Amazon this evening also)

He portrays Bill Porter, a door to door salesman from Portland Oregon. Bill has Cerebral Palsy and doesn't let it stop him from being a successful salesman. CEREBRAL PALSY!!

But wait, there's more. This is based on a true story!!

Watkins Online

If you do not rent this movie you are crazy!! This is not to be missed.

The amazing thing is, Bill Porter does the following in the movie:
  • He assumes the sale
  • He asks for the order
  • He looks for a need to fill
  • He promotes the benefits of the product
  • He genuinely cares about people
  • He does not make excuses
  • He had patience and perseverance
  • He serviced his customers
  • He upsells additional products
  • He succeeds, best in the company at one point
And while you can read on the site what was hollywoodized, the real Bill Porter didn't achieve his success by accident.
he did not blame his handicap, he did not blame the leads, he did not blame anyone, he just did it!

If you're not succeeding there's your checklist!

PS: Thanks Somarco!!

And at age 75, he is still in the business... like a lot of us old guys he uses the phone and internet to keep in touch with his good clients.

You are right Rob, good movie.:yes:

Just allright?

Guess you are more the Boiler Room, Wall Street, Glengarry Glen Ross type huh?

Yeah, I can see how D2D would be tame by those standards . . .

But I gotta ask. Did you choke up even once while watching or get chills down your spine?

Just allright?

Guess you are more the Boiler Room, Wall Street, Glengarry Glen Ross type huh?

Yeah, I can see how D2D would be tame by those standards . . .

But I gotta ask. Did you choke up even once while watching or get chills down your spine?

I was kidding, I forgot the "lol" after the statement. I said I bought the DVD and book, I wasn't kidding there!!

But for those of you who asked.

Best movie I watched in a long time. yes choked up at the first interview 5 minutes in and other times throughout, but that's me, an emotional metrosexual.

The acting was magnification! It was funny and warming to the heart and soul.

Was that better?

Oh and funny you said boiler room, I used to work for two guys who worked at the actual place that movie was modeled after, they lost their broker licenses and now do . . . guess what? Health Insurance.

So in a nutshell I despise that type of selling, it was like showing up to Satan's house for dinner and the main course was always shards of glass!!!

Glad I have no residual ill feelings, lol

I was joking with Rob, No bad day here, Waiting for the CrossTown Series, Sorry did not mean to come across negative.

I think I've been on here long enough already to know it was a joke, but thanks for being considerate.

;)

Latest posts

Back