New P&C Agent in Texas with No Experience

scott3624

I just passed my P&C license in Texas and want to start my own independent agency. I have zero business experience in insurance, I am currently a practicing CPA and want to add insurance products to my existing line of services. What companies do you know of that are willing to take on a new agent with no experience? Thank you in advance for any input.

Be honest. Would you recommend a newly licensed cpa to start their own firm?

Even if your answer is yes, the only companies you might get a contract with will not fit your current customers demographic. If you insist on going it alone, you'll need a wholesaler. But I'd really recommend partnering with an existing agent.

Be honest. Would you recommend a newly licensed cpa to start their own firm? Even if your answer is yes, the only companies you might get a contract with will not fit your current customers demographic. If you insist on going it alone, you'll need a wholesaler. But I'd really recommend partnering with an existing agent.

This is really good advice. You're not going to get the carriers that you need or want to be competitive without experience and a much larger commitment than you're most likely willing to make. I'll PM you my email address if you want to talk more in depth about it.

"I just passed my P&C license in Texas and want to start my own independent agency. I have zero business experience in insurance, I am currently a practicing CPA and want to add insurance products to my existing line of services. What companies do you know of that are willing to take on a new agent with no experience? Thank you in advance for any input."

Hello Scott,
Currently I'm in the same boat as you were a year ago. I am practicing CPA and want to add insurance products to my existing service. In my situation, I have partnered up with one of my senior employee. She has got her P&C license (Texas), both us has no experience with Insurance.
Could you please advise me on how did you go with your plan.. or would you like to advise me something.
Appreciate your help, & Thank you in Advance!!! :)

Back