Newbie, Need Info

1234jeffro

Hello...i Am New To This Forum And New To Insurance. As A Current Sales Professional And Careful Consideration I Have Decided To Pursue A Career In Insurance. I Am In The Process Of Selecting The Training Courses To Take To Prepare Myself. I Am Trying To Find Out What The Best Ways To Study Are, Ie..online Classes (like Wickstrom) Or Self-study Materials. I Also Wonder What Will Look Best To A Potenial Employer (commercial Lines Agency), Arm Or Ins Designation. Any Help Would Be Great.

Hello...i Am New To This Forum And New To Insurance. As A Current Sales Professional And Careful Consideration I Have Decided To Pursue A Career In Insurance. I Am In The Process Of Selecting The Training Courses To Take To Prepare Myself. I Am Trying To Find Out What The Best Ways To Study Are, Ie..online Classes (like Wickstrom) Or Self-study Materials. I Also Wonder What Will Look Best To A Potenial Employer (commercial Lines Agency), Arm Or Ins Designation. Any Help Would Be Great.

It all depends on how well you personally respond to each learning environment. If you are a good self study and can learn independently, then an online approach works well. You can go at your own pace and are not bound to class days and hours. However, if you do better in a structured environment, then I suggest enrolling in a class. Even if you take a class, you can still participate in online prep courses.

I hate saying it, but the books will only take you so far.....most of your learning is going to be done in the field selling.....just make sure you have a manager that you can easily get in touch with for when you have questions in the field.

..most of your learning is going to be done in the field selling.....just make sure you have a manager that you can easily get in touch with for when you have questions in the field.

Unless it is NAA or Nase......nobody needs that type of training....

Back