Newly Licensed Producer at a Fork In the Road...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Finding this forum just 2 months after starting to sell insurance isn't that bad. It sounds like you're learning the FE basics at Obama Heritage, and you have found a few forum members here at this fork in the road that can give you some good directions to keep you driving forward. Best of luck. And if you're in Oklahoma, drop me a line

I would say (from what i've learned and those "PROS" i've spoken with),....it largely depends on what area you are located. In my area, FE is saturated
(apparently) and i would have to travel extensively to make FE work as a main product.

One thing that you mentioned is "legitimate". Sounded like you were not interested in FE biz, because of the "huckster" mentality Associated with this type of biz. (basically, 90% of FE biz, is pitched to the poor)....which i would have to agree with.

AND THEN you have to spend a lot of your time (pressing people to pay their monthly premium) (my 2 cents).

I live in the greater Metro Phoenix, Arizona area. I was definitely interested in FE because of the simplicity of the product and concept, and mainly the work schedule and style (daytime door knocking and selling vs. weekend phone calling and evening appointments with MP), but after learning here that the one well-known FE carrier holds you hostage and that you're not really in control of your leads, it caused me to search elsewhere. Again, from the content I've gathered from FE Mentor and FEX Contracting, true successfull agents are 100% independent, earn 100% or more commission, and are in complete control of their lead flow (exclusivity and quality, fully-detailed solicitations, free from any vague language).

I've never been so sure that location makes much of a difference, but I can confirm that my most productive agents live within a 6 hour driving radius around me.

I agree to an extent on the location. I've trained tons of agents that I've never met. My main point when asking where someone is from is mostly in case they are literally in your backyard, or my backyard, etc. A lot of advantages to being that close.

Back