Newspaper Ads

jmatos

Guru
100+ Post Club
Arkansas
I realize that when you advertise in this sort of medium that you should advertise for a long period of time. How many have advertised in the newspaper? What sections, type of ads have/or have not worked for you?

I tried it in local (city) news paper section, and also in a magzines for my target 'prospects' [I cant say target clients, since they are not client until they buy the policy]

It didn't work at all. Didn't sell even a single policy out of this. The publisher of that magzine want me to put the ad again, [of course with 25% discount now] - but I dont think I'd be doing the same mistake again.

I tried it in local (city) news paper section, and also in a magzines for my target 'prospects' [I cant say target clients, since they are not client until they buy the policy]

It didn't work at all. Didn't sell even a single policy out of this. The publisher of that magzine want me to put the ad again, [of course with 25% discount now] - but I dont think I'd be doing the same mistake again.

What part of NC are you in? What products do you sell?

I have tried just about everything including the largest senior directory in our area (125,000 copies) and I have received 1 phone call and made $200. It costs lots more than that. I would stick with your door to door prospecting, I always get in trouble when I try to think there is a better way, and it always costs me money.

learning what works and what doesn't can be a sometimes expensive experience. Print media can be "iffy" when you're committing large dollars.

I do some newspaper/weekly journal advertising, but I keep it small ($25 per) and just use a key word or phrase. Does it pay off? Absolutely no telling. It creates a market presence for me, that may create some name recognition.. but as they say in marketing 95% of all advertising is useless, the problem is finding the 5% that is.

If it makes you cringe to pay for it, don't do it.

Don't do it. You might as well send me the money you are going to spend. It would be just as effective.

If you want to get in the newspaper... stand in your front yard wearing a gold thong with a zippo in one hand and a stack of dollar bills in the other. Light the dollar bills one at a time and dance around your yard. You'll get in the paper, get some exercise from the dancing around and it'll cost you less money than paying for an advertisement that NO ONE pays any attention to.

:D

I did a local paper for a year. Got 0 clients except people told me I saw ur ad when I went to eat at a local food joint.

Even though I think the zippo idea would work it may pose a "credibility" issue:) That Zippo is made right here in my hometown of Bradford...

I get excellent results with print ads so I'd make an arguement for good, direct response ads. Key is "direct response" When they see me ad I want them to call asap...so the ad is designed to get that type of response. Most all of the company designed ads that I've seen "will not" get that type of response.

Might depend on what are you advertising for? leads, sales, inquiries?

Back