Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions

Reply to Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman?     
Old 08-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #11
Expert

State: TFord7 is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman? Re: Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman? TFord7 is the thread starter for: Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman?

No MetLife in Gainesville, Florida... what about Farm Bureau i think I am between them and Northwestern Mutual at this point?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman?
eZLynx Banner New 2
Old 08-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #12
Guru
xrac on Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman? - Insurance Forum

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman? Re: Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman?
Do not some of the others have a satelite office there somewhere? There maybe something there you are missing.

I think FB is decent.

X
Old 08-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #13
Expert

Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman? Re: Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman? TFord7 is the thread starter for: Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman?

When I searched MetLife there were some individual agent websites that came up would that be classified as a satelite? I was under the impression they were agents who had started/trained elsewhere or already had their license and selected a company to work with regardless of a major location in Gainesville.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #14
Super Genius

State: RyanCO is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman? Re: Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman?

Since you're new, you need to sit with several offices and decide exactly where you want to go, what you want to specialize in. Plus, it's just as much the individual office management as it is the company. You need to have a good idea of how much and how well you'll be trained.

Insurance companies are always looking for good people, so YOU have to interview THEM to find out if it's a good fit. Training and support are critical.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Type the result for 11 x 3 I agree to forum rules 

Old 08-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #15
Guru
xrac on Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman? - Insurance Forum

Originally Posted by TFord7 View Post
When I searched MetLife there were some individual agent websites that came up would that be classified as a satelite? I was under the impression they were agents who had started/trained elsewhere or already had their license and selected a company to work with regardless of a major location in Gainesville.
With MM and Guardian there can be a local agent who will take you under their wing even though there is not an office listed. Metlife and NYL both have offices in my town but you don't find that information on their websites. It lists the general offices which are 2 1/2 hours away. Call the general office listed for your area and see what they say as far as how someone is trained in Gainesville.

X
Old 08-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #16
Guru
Norwayguy on Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman? - Insurance Forum

State: Norwayguy is an Insurance Agent from Maine
Norwayguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman?
Originally Posted by xrac

With MM and Guardian there can be a local agent who will take you under their wing even though there is not an office listed. Metlife and NYL both have offices in my town but you don't find that information on their websites. It lists the general offices which are 2 1/2 hours away. Call the general office listed for your area and see what they say as far as how someone is trained in Gainesville.
Make sure to ask lots of questions. When I was with NYL I was in a satelite office but was required to travel to the GO weekly for training 2 1/2 hours away for essentially an hour to hour and a half of training it wasted an entire day of the week unless I ran an appointment or two in the GOs area.

Peter G Langelier
plangelier@langelierinsurance.com http://www.langelierinsurance.com
Old 08-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #17
Expert

Seems like a pretty good deal I met with the Managing Director today and when I make it all the way through the 4 or 5 interviews I do my 40hrs of pre-licensing, electronic finger printing, and take the test (FL 2-15 Life Health & Annuities) and they reimburse after training. During the training a 4000$ allowance (made sure to ask if it was a draw or loan) then its off to the races 100% commission.

The plan is to get trained in Mid October.

Training is an hour&half away but it just so happens to be in my hometown so ill probably just hang out there and work on my clientele base there also

Last edited by TFord7; 08-30-2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: merging posts
Old 08-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #18
Super Genius

State: abcsales is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
NWM is really a class act, training is top notch. Much better place than Bankers.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #19
Guru
Norwayguy on Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman? - Insurance Forum

State: Norwayguy is an Insurance Agent from Maine
Norwayguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman?
Originally Posted by abcsales
NWM is really a class act, training is top notch. Much better place than Bankers.
I would have to say that NWM is heads and shoulders above Bankers. Having said that anyone interested in them should understand their Target market and be sure that's the type of person they can get in front of.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #20
Guru

Originally Posted by abcsales View Post
Not saying much since for the most part any place is better than Bankers.

X
Reply to Northwestern Mutual As a First Time Insurance Salesman? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions