NY TBA /transacting Business As License?

intluser

I have a P&C and L/H license as an individual. I wish to add Company to my license. Can anyone advise me on how I must register this new name/entity with NY DFS? I know I think I have to register as a TBA / transacting business as, but I do not know how do to this. The NY DFS site does not give very much information.

Please help!

I have a P&C and L/H license as an individual. I wish to add Company to my license. Can anyone advise me on how I must register this new name/entity with NY DFS? I know I think I have to register as a TBA / transacting business as, but I do not know how do to this. The NY DFS site does not give very much information.

Please help!

What are you trying to accomplish by "adding your company?" I might be able to give you some direction (I have a brokerage GA in NY) with some more detail.

Any direction would be really helpful. I have my license as an individual. I wish to add a business name to the license so I can transact under a business or TBA name instead of just my individual name.

I am from NY as well.

You're better off getting a DBA with the county clerk, intluser smith dba intluser insurance agency instead of intluser insurance agency inc.

You'll save money on licensing fees.

Get the approval from DFS, bring approval form to County Clerk, to get the DBA, go back to DFS with letter showing it has been registered, to add the DBA to your individual name.

1 license vs like me lol i have like 25 licenses and its huge pain and expense.

Back