Obama's HHS Left Land Mines Taking Effect 4/1/17 Why is Price Allowing this 3 Month Limit on Short T

I made the decision to leave the political aspect of the fight and don't even watch the news i used to be glued to, but this is different to me, its a simple solution made very hard by the political parties and infighting.

But I have been at the office every day, working, training, coaching agents to win. That is the part i like doing.
After 30yrs in this industry, it's frustrating to me how legislators and insurers do not ask the people who speak with the public every day, us the agents and our teams of agents in all states.

As for being off the chat circuit, this site as with any online sites seemed to become so wrapped up with mean and nasty comments from desk drivers, not actual sales people actually selling so I left it for years to run my own companies at top performance and let the rest be negative and mean without paying attention to it.

So we will see how long it is before it turns negative and mean and people trying to slam another persons thoughts again. I hope not, but we will see.....

Not from their ACA business they're not. If they were, why would they be exiting the market in droves? :no:

Well .... the money promised by the feds to bail out high loss areas is in danger of trump not paying. In other words the feds made a promise to those carriers that they would get help to recover losses in areas if they sold there.

They are not leaving the market in droves actually. They are leaving unprofitable areas, as they would ACA or not. Are any of you saying that these companies are going to stay in an unprofitable area without the ACA being in place? I don't think so.

What has happened is the safety net for insurers is in question and they are not going to risk their business on a maybe from the government.

Uh, there will be entire states this fall with no plans ON the exchange (maybe some off-exchange). How many states are down to just 1 carrier? And yes, when health insurance heavyweights like UHC, Humana, Aetna, etc leave an entire market, I would say its fair to say they are leaving in droves. And BTW, UHC & Humana made the decision to exit before Trump was ever elected.

C'mon Larry, don't be one of those guys on this forum who likes to be contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian! :no:

Well .... the money promised by the feds to bail out high loss areas is in danger of trump not paying. In other words the feds made a promise to those carriers that they would get help to recover losses in areas if they sold there.

They are not leaving the market in droves actually. They are leaving unprofitable areas, as they would ACA or not. Are any of you saying that these companies are going to stay in an unprofitable area without the ACA being in place? I don't think so.

What has happened is the safety net for insurers is in question and they are not going to risk their business on a maybe from the government.

Sorry no, carriers are leaving because the money promised to go into those "loss" areas is under the threat of being pulled. What carrier in their right mind would stay in an area that can't cover the loss? It's that simple.

Do you really think if the exchanges go away that carriers will fill up those markets? ;)

Let me ask you this, if exchange is going to offer a subsidized plan, does there need to be more than one?

Insurers pull out and put into markets all the time, just depends on if they see a profit to be had or at least a break even.

The main players in my state now only offer medicare advantage in about a quarter of the counties in WA. They aren't even part of the ACA so why are those carriers pulling out of counties, when they can only sell instate?

Some here need to stop looking at the news and remember how this business is. If they can't make money doing it, they aren't going to. When you take away the government "make good" money, what's the point in staying?

That has nothing to do with being contrary, it has to do with being in the business a long time. When I started with NYL they offered over 70 different products and I don't mean 60 versions of whole life. They had a wide variety of different insurance products, even health insurance, dental insurance and other group products. Within about 3 years NYL stopped selling about half those products.

why? Not profitable. There is no guarantee of anybody filling those markets if the ACA goes away, unless of course you're a big fan of "hopeful insurance". You know the easy sale stuff that you hope never turns into a claim, cause if it does the client is screwed.

So not contrary, just been to the rodeo before.

Back